Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a thread for some input on changes you would like to see on the forum.

Tom mentioned he would like the homepage to go to this view:
http://www.havaneseforum.com/forums.php

How many of you like this better? The downfall is you dont see who is chatting and who is online and some other fluff. I think its just different strokes for different folks. One option is to bookmark the view you like better so you can always go there. But whichever gets the popular vote I will change.

CHAT!
Dont forget we have a chat room. Its a great thing and you can also instant messenger with others within the chat room. Just go in and play around. If you want to practice, just start a thread, say the date and time, say Im in the chat come join me. Its cool!

Im going to be putting in one other section about breeders. Its going to be on a TRIAL. People can list breeders and ask them questions, share their expereinces, puppy buyers can share their experiences. Im hoping the good breeders will shine, and share their health testing, soaped photos, and pictures of their set ups and where they keep their puppies.

The not-so good breeders can watch out, we will be asking to see documentation of testing and basically put your actions where your words are. Hopefully this will show people what to ask out of a good breeder and what to avoid. I think it will be interactive and positive, if it goes south, I will delete. Think of it as an "Ask a breeder" section.
Its not going to be a classified section for puppies though. Private contact is fine, but we are trying to find out about general business practices not whats for sale.

Please share your ideas.... I LOVE whats been happening lately and everyone is so sharing and giving. I saw someone start a thread checking on two puppies and I LOVED that! Keep it up, we can be one big family and look out for each other. Knowledge is power, and we can help people by sharing our experiences.

Melissa

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Tom's recommendation is fine with me. I can still see active members on the bottom if I want to invite them to chat. Although I didn't figure that out yet. I see Tom's point that people would see the forums first. I still think sometimes you still may have a double posting. I think people just need to get in the habit of searching first then adding to that thread. I will have to do some investigating to see how other established forums handle this. Do they ask people to search first?

I like the breeder section. I think it would be a big help.......

Glad to hear from you. I was wondering what was up because I didn't see your chatter lately.

Take care.

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
I agree with Tom.. the forums view is better.

You can see who is online if you use that view Melissa, and you can also see all the new posts - there is a place on top that you can check to see them.

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Laurie thank you boy has it been a month for me.All my teeth removed still bruised from that.Funderal same day and faithful Yoda stayed by my side the entire time i was in bed from surgery.He is such a great dog.I sure would be lost with out Yoda.He does not let me out of his site.Im hoping Yoda will be fine with me leaving next month for 3 weeks.Im really worried about him.I can go to the store and no matter how long I am gone he sits by the back door.Any Idea on how my daughter can keep him from having his anx. attaks LOL SUSAN

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
It sounds like you've had a really rough time Susan.

Glad to see you're back. Hopefully Yoda will do ok with your daughter. Is she around him a lot now? If not, maybe start letting him visit more often.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi
I think the good news is that he is going to be with your daughter someone who knows him and you too and I bet loves him just as much as you do ..
A piece of cake ... .
Do not feel guity or anxious about this chat it up with him like Boy are you ever going to have fun and a special treat ..
Take some of his favorite toys his own crate and his chewies whatever you let him chew . It is helpful with the anxiety ..
Your daughter needs to be the same upbeat and positive .She should always be positive and say Mommy is coming back soon but for now you have a special treat and that is you are staying with me .. Be positive and make it fun .
I do not know Yoda 's and your history ? What he does for fun what he likes and dislikes but be sure your daughter knows .. Does he have playdate or a park he goes to or does you daughter have a dog he can play with and have fun with .
Anyway make sure your daughter walks him ,keep him tired , well fed arranges playdates if you are agreaable or know compatible dogs Take him for a ride in the car if she can .
I took care of a freinds dog for over 4 months and everyday I would tell him tomorrow is a special day Zorro and we would try and do something that he liked . Go to the beach , go to the park . I always told him his Mommy loved him and missed him but he was going to have to stay with me and keep me company for a while .
Also if he gets very anxious in the beginning . Try the Bach Flowers . I know I mention them a lot but it does work and it does help .

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Thanks all .What can I say about yoda LOL he is my dog one owner dog type, He likes every one but when it comes to me leaving OMG!!!!My husband has tryed to get him to come play with him when I go to the store ect and Yoda is like no way not till mom gets home.My daughter lives with me now she just moved in a week ago. And Yoda will be staying here at home when we leave next month .Thought it would make it easyer for him to be in his own surrounding,.What is bach flower?
yES

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
Hi Everyone: I have been trying to find my way around this forum and sometimes I get lost. I find that threads go in different directions and I forget where I read something. When I want to go back to read more I can't always find it. I think Tom's idea of seeing the forums first might help. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just my bad memory.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Welcome back Susan. Wishing you a quick and speedy recovery. You will notice that there has been a lot more chatter and a lot of new friends since last month........:) :)

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Thank you Rita I am hoping I recover quickly I feel very old at the moment.I plan on seeing a doc about my uncle dieing too it was such a shock to the entire family.Terrible accident and my auntie seen it happen I feel for her.But as I tell my family and friends and I do beleave he is better off.Its good to be back what a change I almost thought I was on a different site LOL thank again :) :) Susan

·
Casper and Missy
2,194 Posts
Melissa,
I like the homepage the way it is now, better than the new style you suggested, maybe it is just because I am new and I just have a comfort level with the way it is now.
I also think a section on "Ask a breeder" is a fantastic idea. It seems like alot of us did not have a really good experience with the breeder of our puppies, or it would just be good to be able to get a second opinion from another breeder. I know I have alot of questions for the "ask a breeder" hope it comes soon.
I am hoping to get the chat room figured out here, I think it would be fun to just chat about our days experience with our dogs, some can be quite entertaining.

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Susan, I am glad that Yoda kept you company. In December I had surgery on my foot & was bedridden for 1 1/2 weeks, then on crutches for a few more. During my bedridden time Lily & Lexi never left my side. My husband would come home middle of day to feed me, take them out, and they were right back in the bed with me. The really are a comfort to us!!!
I think that if your daughter is now living with you, and Yoda will be in his own home while you are gone, that he will be fine. He will miss you, as you will him, but he will be very happy when you come home.

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
That is for sure .He will be so happy when I get home.I feel like a new mom leaving my child with some one for the very first time which I am since I got Yoda sept,29,2006 he has not been with out me for more than 1 day but he had his dad with him my hubby LOL My hubby didnt understand why Yoda is so attach to me LOL he has never been a animal lover so he has no clue . My hubby says Yoda is the best dog in the world. and I think so too :) IM sure Yoda will be fine I think its more me worring about him is all LOL

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Yes, I also like Tom's sugg'n for the homepage.

Love that there will be a "Ask the breeder" section! It might help some people avoid encouraging the puppy mill/byb business.

Other than that, things look great and I'm really enjoying chatting with everyone on this forum!

Now if I can only figure out how to get more pics uploaded...... ! lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Help!!

Can anyone tell me how to start a new thread????

I have a find on the internet to help those of us who are graphic illiterate!

Olliesmom!

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Sure, go to forums at the top. Then click on a catagory, and at the top it says "New thread" Click on that & away you go!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts