1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dave T
10,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Suzy, Please keep your babies out of the foxglove, it contains a powerful heart drug called Digitalis, it can be fatal to dogs, children and people on heart meds. Please take care.

·
Dave T
10,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suzy, Please keep your babies out of the foxglove, it contains a powerful heart drug called Digitalis, it can be fatal to dogs, children and people on heart meds. Please take care.
thanks for that heads up Robbie. Now that you mentioned it, I do recall it being on the toxic plant list. That's scary for sure. I have to get a picture to see if we have any around this neck of the woods.

·
Metrowest, MA
26,718 Posts
thanks for that heads up Robbie. Now that you mentioned it, I do recall it being on the toxic plant list. That's scary for sure. I have to get a picture to see if we have any around this neck of the woods.
You'd probably have to plant it if you wanted it. It's a biennial and usually dies out pretty quickly. So it's more a matter of watching for it in other people's gardens. It's a very pretty plant, though!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
You'd probably have to plant it if you wanted it. It's a biennial and usually dies out pretty quickly. So it's more a matter of watching for it in other people's gardens. It's a very pretty plant, though!
I think are zone it comes back or it seeds one plant will make babys year after year. So far the sisters are not interested in it. Maddie has been sniffing everything but so far not eating this is are first spring and a new home. I would not plant fox glove because it is such a wild flower around her. I would if I had my dream acreage:) it is pretty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts