Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

You're walking down the street with your Havanese on a leash. (Those of you that have more than one; it's the one that's been with you the longest.)

Billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates approaches you and asks you about your dog. He asks if he can pet it, and when you consent he kneels and does so. Your Hav likes him, and Bill smiles warmly as your dog charms him.

He stands and says to you, "This is a wonderful dog and I can give it a wonderful home if you let me. I will pay you $5 million today for your dog right now."

He points across the street to the bank and says if you're willing, you can walk into the bank with him and leave with a certified check for $5,000,000.00. The offer expires in five minutes.

The money will pay off your mortgage or buy you an elegant new home, eliminate all your debt, put new cars in the driveway, pay for college for your kids, quality senior care for your parents, allow you to travel the world, and let you help loved ones that desperately need help. It will also allow you to buy another Havanese (or 10) from any breeder in the world. You will become a millionaire.

Honestly. Would you do it?

·
Metrowest, MA
27,653 Posts
Yeah, Kodi stays with me. :)

I actually haven't been offered THAT much money for my horse, but have SEVERAL times been offered enough for him to pay off a BIG chunk of the mortgage… I've refused that too. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok, I guess I am going to be a bad person and say that I would seriously consider the offer, no I am going to say that I would take the $5,000,000 dollars. You said he would give her a great home and I am not rich and that amount of money would take care of me for the rest of my life. Sorry, but that is the way it is - an honest answer.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,653 Posts
I think we're all pretty safe. If Bill Gates WANTS a dog, he can buy one from any breeder he chooses and have it trained exactly the way he wants by any TRAINER he wants. I DON'T think we are going to be put in the awful position of having to decide that. :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I'd like to say, flat out NO WAY, but somehow I think I'd think about it. Cuz frankly, that money would really help me.

Sorry Brody...mommy still loves you!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,653 Posts
We were handed a blank check for Posh when he was half way around the show ring the first time, when he was a little over 6 months old. He's still here.
Good darned thing too, or I wouldn't have Kodi!!! ;)

·
Metrowest, MA
27,653 Posts

·
Ruth (me) Chester (dog)
887 Posts
Nah, Me and Chester love each other too much...I couldn't have beared seeing another person having my dog that I loved.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,653 Posts
We were handed a blank check for Posh when he was half way around the show ring the first time, when he was a little over 6 months old. He's still here.
Although Dave, who is used to the ways of the world of horses, is always saying about Kodi (kiddingly, I THINK ;)) "Sell him, quick! While he's worth something!" :laugh:

The good thing about dogs is they aren't so darned expensive to keep when they get old and/or lame! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts