Havanese Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
The attached video pretty much describes me as I enter enter the 4th week of self isolation :frusty:

Ricky's Popi

What a riot! I haven't taken to talking to melons, but I've got dogs. Wait. I talk to them all the time. Is that wrong? LOL!

Reactions: ShamaMama

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
I was in a long line at 7:45 am today at the grocery store that opened at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.

He returned and tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.

As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there."
LOL!

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
LOL! I like that. That's my excuse too!

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
Here's to travel in 2021... 2022?

Attachments

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
No, but I did find a Fitbit Smart Watch under the tree which will monitor all my vital functions including an EKG readout every morning. I'm also getting a new CPAP machine with the latest technology including wireless feedback to the Sleep Center. It has been delayed in shipping and won't arrive until next week. And the widow next door came over sporting her new knitted sweater to wish us Merry Christmas. I have to confess it fit her perfectly. If Bubba from across the street comes over wearing his knit Christmas gift, I won't be opening the door!

Ricky's Popi
>:) :nono:

:doh:

Reactions: JaJa and Heather's

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
OMG!!! Was there any explanation of how the bear got INSIDE the house?!?!

Those dogs must have been puffed up for DAYS that they had chased a BEAR away!!!

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
LOL!

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
Reactions: JaJa

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
This IS pretty much what our bed looks like before Dave arrives...
Came back with the proof...

Textile Fur clothing Felidae Wood Sheep

(Pixel's not there, because she is ALWAYS where Dave is! LOL!)

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
Dave and I celebrated alone this year... well with four Havanese, if you can count that as being "alone"! LOL! I bought a pre-cooked half rotisserie turkey and "just" cooked sides. I CLEARLY don't know how to scale down sides for two people. This photos was AFTER we finished eating:
Food Table Furniture Tableware Dishware

Oh, and here are the pups, HOPING Dave might drop something while he carved the turkey! LOL! It was actually a nice, quiet day!
Dog Vertebrate Black Mammal Carnivore

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
Reactions: Melissa Brill

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
In conformation there is no penalty for soiling the ring. You need to remember that conformation showing comes from a livestock background. The animals are being assessed in terms of their worthiness as future breeding stock. It is SUPPOSED to have nothing to do with performance, although, of course it does in reality. You can also use food to "bait" a dog in the conformation ring. Some handlers even toss it in the air and onto the ground to get the dog to prick their ears, though other handlers really HATE it when they do this. (the same with handlers who use squeaky toys... it's allowed, but everyone else HATES it!)

Because handlers do NOT want their dog to "waddle and squat" during the short time they have to show off a beautiful gait, they do everything they can to make sure the dog is "empty" before going into the ring. Most people who show their own dogs know their dogs well enough, and have enough time to spend with their dogs to make SURE they have pooped before ring time. Handlers, who have a lot of dogs to get ready, and can't watch all of them, have a well-known trick to "hurry things along" They put an unburnt match stick in the dog's anus a half hour or so before ring time.. the material in the match head is just irritating enough to make the dog have a bowel movement. Problem solved.

Unfortunately, boys like this one in the video, who want to "lift leg" when they smell a girl... are going to do so. And since it is perfectly within the rules to show girls in heat, boys need to get used to having that smell around. Some of them are going to "handle it" better than others!

In any PERFORMANCE sport it is an automatic "NQ" or "non qualifying score" to foul the ring. That means that even if the dog put in a perfect performance and soils the ring on the way out the gate it gets an "NQ". This INCLUDES if you give your dog a cookie just before going in, and the dog coughs it up in the ring in moment after entering the ring. (NQ and DQ are two completely different things BTW)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts