Havanese Forum banner

601 - 620 of 653 Posts

·
Arf! Arf!
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
Oh so funny! Willow knows all the sounds. Had a cat once that would come to the sound of a can opener. It was used only for the cat food can.
Ricky sometimes goes "ear blind" by choice, even standing next to me. But if I open a bag of his favorite treats, not just any bag, his favorite treats, he can identify the sound even when he is in the opposite end of the house and comes running full tilt to my side. An amazing recovery from deafness!

·
Premium Member
4,461 Posts
Truffles favorite is definitely DH and usually completely ignore me. She follows him everywhere and sleeps curled up at his feet. If she senses I'm getting too close she let's out a little growl without moving. When DH goes upstairs to bed she's right there with him. I'm always surprised when I''m quietly moving around in the kitchen look down and there she is. You would think I'm her favorite person giving me kisses and rolling over. She knows she get a treat for rolling over. 🤣

·
Arf! Arf!
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #616
Catholic Dog

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company. One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, 'Father, my dog is dead. Could ya' be sayin’ a mass for the poor creature?'

Father Patrick replied, 'I'm afraid not. We cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there are some Baptists down the lane, and there's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature.'

Muldoon said, 'I'll go right away Father. Do ya' think $5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?'

Father Patrick exclaimed, 'Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't ya’ tell me the dog was Catholic?

601 - 620 of 653 Posts