Havanese Forum banner

701 - 715 of 715 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
We're going to have to translate the word "cake" for Claire.

It is a TRIFLE.
🤣🤣🤣🤣Thanks Popi😊😘

Below is what I would call a trifle: which is normally from the bottom layer upwards sponge soaked with sherry, jelly (am thinking you call this jello??? It’s the wobbly stuff you have at children’s parties), custard, whipped cream and then, when my aunt makes it, toasted flaked almonds on top.

151F3B81-ED51-4E13-B4CB-07FCAC015155.png
Either way I couldn’t eat that adorable dog🙈. My Nan bought me a special chocolate bunny once when I was a child…and I wouldn’t eat it🤣🤣🤣😘

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
🤣🤣🤣🤣Thanks Popi😊😘

Below is what I would call a trifle: which is normally from the bottom layer upwards sponge soaked with sherry, jelly (am thinking you call this jello??? It’s the wobbly stuff you have at children’s parties), custard, whipped cream and then, when my aunt makes it, toasted flaked almonds on top.

View attachment 174809
Either way I couldn’t eat that adorable dog🙈. My Nan bought me a special chocolate bunny once when I was a child…and I wouldn’t eat it🤣🤣🤣😘
One of my all time favorite episodes of “Friends” is The One with the Trifle. I don’t think that’s the actual name of it, it’s a Thanksgiving episode, where Rachel makes half of a trifle and half of a shepherd’s pie. Shepherd’s pie is the worst food ever and as a kid I would sit at the table for hours refusing to eat it. And hiding it. I don’t think I’ve ever had a trifle but I remember watching the episode many times and many years ago now and thinking it would be fun to make one someday. It’s pretty and looks delicious.

·
Registered
397 Posts
One of my all time favorite episodes of “Friends” is The One with the Trifle. I don’t think that’s the actual name of it, it’s a Thanksgiving episode, where Rachel makes half of a trifle and half of a shepherd’s pie. Shepherd’s pie is the worst food ever and as a kid I would sit at the table for hours refusing to eat it. And hiding it. I don’t think I’ve ever had a trifle but I remember watching the episode many times and many years ago now and thinking it would be fun to make one someday. It’s pretty and looks delicious.
Lol I was thinking of that as I was typing it out🤣🤣 there are definitely not any peas or minced beef in it🤣😘

·
Arf! Arf!
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #707 ·
Cart???!! I use one of those flatbeds! 😕
My Nan bought me a special chocolate bunny once when I was a child…and I wouldn’t eat it.
You two ought to form a comedy team! I think you are both "laugh til it hurts" funny. You remind me of the "Golden Girls" comedy series. One of my all time favorite shows, I still watch it on TV. Now both of you behave or someone is going to paddle you! 🤨

·
Registered
215 Posts
Uh oh, one of my favorites shows! I was actually given Friends pj’s last Christmas. 😆 I remember that episode well! There’s some funny bloopers on that one too.

701 - 715 of 715 Posts