Havanese Forum banner
741 - 760 of 761 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
I hate fireworks! Fortunately, Willow isn't bothered by them. I'm so grateful for that as my prior corgi was terrified. I really worry about forest fires as we live in a forest and with the extreme heat we just had it is bone dry around here. Plus there is a fireworks stand just down the road. I hope people won't be idiots. I'm afraid though that there are lots of idiots out there though. By the way ........ happy 4th of July!

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
I hate fireworks! Fortunately, Willow isn't bothered by them. I'm so grateful for that as my prior corgi was terrified. I really worry about forest fires as we live in a forest and with the extreme heat we just had it is bone dry around here. Plus there is a fireworks stand just down the road. I hope people won't be idiots. I'm afraid though that there are lots of idiots out there though. By the way ........ happy 4th of July!
They banned personal fireworks in a couple cities here this year because of the fires and how dry it is. I couldn’t believe it, there were people all worked up about it! Short memory. Most cities are still doing a public display, and they are usually well controlled and more fun to watch anyway. My first 4th in Utah it was 100 degrees and at 9pm there was the coolest rainstorm. I hadn’t ever experienced that before and I thought it was amazing. Hoping for a nice summer rain in your area and mine soon!

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
From ShamaPapa:

Mama and Papa are both teachers and getting tired of all the teacher/public education haters out there . . . But thought this was funny. View attachment 175250
I'm surprised that there are still teacher haters. I thought the opposite was true nowadays. After people having had to deal with home schooling, I thought they are now appreciating teachers more than ever! I know I would be if I had kids!

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
I'm surprised that there are still teacher haters. I thought the opposite was true nowadays. After people having had to deal with home schooling, I thought they are now appreciating teachers more than ever! I know I would be if I had kids!
From ShamaPapa:

That pandemic goodwill lasted about a year, then it faded fast. When the politicians and pundits started pounding fears about CRT, it was all gone. It is too bad that the goodwill for teachers in 2020 never amounted to any actual positive change for teachers, just a lot of talk and internet videos. But enough of that. I have to go find some more funnies to post.

741 - 760 of 761 Posts