Havanese Forum banner
821 - 840 of 860 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
29,809 Posts
Dave and I celebrated alone this year... well with four Havanese, if you can count that as being "alone"! LOL! I bought a pre-cooked half rotisserie turkey and "just" cooked sides. I CLEARLY don't know how to scale down sides for two people. This photos was AFTER we finished eating:
Food Table Furniture Tableware Dishware

Oh, and here are the pups, HOPING Dave might drop something while he carved the turkey! LOL! It was actually a nice, quiet day!
Dog Vertebrate Black Mammal Carnivore

·
Premium Member
4,832 Posts
Dave and I celebrated alone this year... well with four Havanese, if you can count that as being "alone"! LOL! I bought a pre-cooked half rotisserie turkey and "just" cooked sides. I CLEARLY don't know how to scale down sides for two people. This photos was AFTER we finished eating:
View attachment 176338

It is very difficult to cook for just two... DH always asks why I don't just half the recipe. :unsure: I haven't cooked a turkey in years since he is vegetarian. We went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner. I had salmon and DH had forest mushroom risotto. 😁

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
It is very difficult to cook for just two... DH always asks why I don't just half the recipe. :unsure: I haven't cooked a turkey in years since he is vegetarian. We went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner. I had salmon and DH had forest mushroom risotto. 😁
I'm vegetarian (leaning more plant-based, but not yesterday) and was the main cook yesterday - so my sister made the 1 meat dish - we didn't do a traditional turkey (I had my quorn roast and veggie gravy) and my sister made a "Thanksgiving casserole" (basically all of the regular thanksgiving stuff layered in a casserole and baked) - I guess it was something she started the year Mom was in the hospital and it was easier to take one casserole than multiple containers... so she's continued it since then (this is the first thanksgiving I've been home for in many years). It was all sort of last minute because one sister and her partner were going to Pittsburgh to his family in the afternoon, but ended up being all of us (minus 1 nephew) at my house.

·
Premium Member
4,322 Posts
Oh gosh. I cook the whole Thanksgiving feast for just the 2 o us. I do cook a whole turkey (14 lbs. or so) as I like to use the carcass for soup. In fact, it's simmering on the stove as I speak (or type). I'll freeze the stock and have the soup sometime later. But I make everything - dressing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, some sort of vegie, gravy, cranberries, pumpkin pie with whipped cream. We always start with a shrimp cocktail. That's a tradition from my childhood. I have so many leftovers. I've beeb having a turkey sandwiches for breakfast. We are going to have the whole turkey dinner again tonight!

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I realized I hadn’t shared this thread with DS in a while when he made a joke about Sundance waiting outside the bathroom last night. We went back through the last few months and he really enjoyed it, too. Thanks for posting so much funny content, ShamaPapa!

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I couldn’t figure out the first one either. I thought it was “you” but the grammar didn’t make sense, and then I wondered if that was the point and I was missing something else. I finally asked DH and he explained the clown, and I got it! Then he said, “like the song?” I didn’t catch that part. Apparently I am really bad with pop culture references.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
My kids are my only source for TikTok and they share doggie TikTok’s with me constantly. I can’t get sucked into something else, but there are some great ones. This one came from DH. It applies to any “secondary dog person,” not necessarily husbands.

Vet visit TikTok

·
Super Moderator
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #836 ·
And then there is the other side of the story:

Wife says, "take Ricky out to go potty."

Me: "I just took him out 15 minutes ago and he went potty."

Wife: "That was long time ago, I'm sure he needs to go potty again."

Me: "Yes Dear."

·
Super Moderator
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #837 ·
Duh! I even Googled it and still didn't get it. For one thing, I don't know who Pennywise is.
I'm with you Jackie because I don't get it either. But "I tried so hard and got so far but in the end" Pennywise says (it doesn't matter who Pennywise is) Dogfather and Jackie from Cement will never get it because they are not hipsters from the pop culture generation!

What the in-joke is, "I tried so hard and got so far but in the end Pennywise points out that eating two hundred forty six thousand eight hundred ten eggs will cause me to excrete all three states of matter (solid, liquid, and gas)

·
Premium Member
4,322 Posts
I'm with you Jackie because I don't get it either. But "I tried so hard and got so far but in the end" Pennywise says (it doesn't matter who Pennywise is) Dogfather and Jackie from Cement will never get it because they are not hipsters from the pop culture generation!

What the in-joke is, "I tried so hard and got so far but in the end Pennywise points out that eating two hundred forty six thousand eight hundred ten eggs will cause me to excrete all three states of matter (solid, liquid, and gas)
Ohhhhhhh! 🤡 I get it! Thanks DogFather 👍

821 - 840 of 860 Posts