Havanese Forum banner
901 - 920 of 971 Posts

· Registered
2,472 Posts
I got my last dog (Dalmatian) as a rescue when she was 3 months old and immediately went back to Azerbaijan with her (got her in the US while I was home for my sister's wedding then went back to work). Our house in Azerbaijan (out in a village) was brick with no insulation and we had great gas heaters to heat it during the winter BUT they weren't really safe enough to run overnight/ when you were sleeping, so the house got really cold. I started off with the plan that she (my dog) would sleep on a pillow beside the bed... that lasted until it started getting cold, then HER shivering and MY being cold (even with a comforter on the bed) resulted in her sleeping under the covers at the foot of the bed - win-win - she was warm and I had a 38 pound "hot water bottle" that stayed warm all night :)

My family just assumed she was spoiled, which is why she slept under the covers, but it was (almost) purely selfish :D

· Registered
644 Posts
I saw a dog do this a long time ago during a Westminster show. However, it was #2 and rather loose. I think the dog was removed from the show. I wonder how this little poodle's bathroom break affected his results. I'm assuming it's frowned upon!
He was the winner of the utility group! Guess the little fluffy guy didn't care what anyone thought since he was already a winner! 😂
I was watching this and (despite being highly miffed a Havanese didn’t get placed 😤) Waffle did have some real pizazz and went on to be placed as Reserve Best In Show😘

901 - 920 of 971 Posts