Havanese Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I've been in love with this little breed for 3 years now. We had a golden and a lab while we raised our 3 daughters. It's my turn to get a pup...and I've chosen this tiny, funny, loving companion. I just put in my application. I can't wait! In the meantime, I look forward to learning more from all of you.
Thank you,
Martine

Metrowest, MA
Welcome!

Reactions: Martine

Member (Teresa)
Hello Martine, that is a loooong wait! We went from a Golden Retriever to a Havanese in 2005 and had 3 for several years until last March. Three years ago I began my search for a girl. I have brothers, my husband has brothers and we have 2 sons and every animal I've ever had was male or turned into one馃槺馃槅
At 59 I finally got my girl鉂p煡 You have definitely earned a baby of your own-a 4 legged baby that is. You won't regret it, she/he is worth the wait! Of course that's easy for me to say. Havanese are miniature hypoallergenic Goldens. This is the place to be for Havi owners.

Registered
Welcome, soooo cute!

The best advice I can give you is to go back through posts. Krandall's posts on raising ducky are great, and the whole thread on Panda's litter gives you lots of info about puppies. There are also tons of posts on crating, feeding, and early training as well as advice on what videos to watch, etc.

Member (Teresa)
Hi! We just came back from our visit to see our future furbaby.our first time to have a dog in the family and for sure we'll get another one but not too soon.
This lil guy's born on Aug 12 and we are taking him home Oct 8.
Any tips are welcome. View attachment 175756
Please feel free to keep posting picture-lots of pictures! Some of us here haven't been able to stop with just one 馃構

Member (Teresa)
Welcome, soooo cute!

The best advice I can give you is to go back through posts. Krandall's posts on raising ducky are great, and the whole thread on Panda's litter gives you lots of info about puppies. There are also tons of posts on crating, feeding, and early training as well as advice on what videos to watch, etc.
Excellent idea Mellissa!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts