Havanese Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Metrowest, MA
Adorable! What good boys! 馃挄

Reactions: Melissa Brill

Premium Member
Hopefully asking permission isn鈥檛 the same as begging to me anyway :) I love it when Sundance waits nicely and gets excited when I finish and share leftovers. Sometimes he puts his head very close to it, just like that, and just waits, even though he knows he can鈥檛 have it. I think it鈥檚 to get a close up smelling experience! Sundance does beg DS for food, but no one else. DS tunes it out, and still gives him food without any rhyme or reason.

It鈥檚 especially impressive that two of them ate doing it!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully asking permission isn鈥檛 the same as begging to me anyway :) I love it when Sundance waits nicely and gets excited when I finish and share leftovers. Sometimes he puts his head very close to it, just like that, and just waits, even though he knows he can鈥檛 have it. I think it鈥檚 to get a close up smelling experience! Sundance does beg DS for food, but no one else. DS tunes it out, and still gives him food without any rhyme or reason.

It鈥檚 especially impressive that two of them ate doing it!
I actually don't really worry about Perry taking food off of a plate - even if he approaches it -- generally he's really just trying to smell it (he's such a nose/ smell oriented dog!) - though I wouldn't trust him much if I left the room. I can even carry a plate of food while I'm also carrying him... sometimes even in the same hand/ arm that has him (though yesterday I did that and stopped to talk to a friend while holding it that way and he did sneak a bite of his food which was in the bowl being held right below his nose... so he does seem to have a time limit on how long he will tolerate food being held right under his nose :D)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts