Havanese Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Water dog Cucurbita
I’m so happy to be at this point haha! I must say raising a puppy is so much more work than I remembered. We love our boy to bits (especially the kids) but the past 10 months have not been without plenty of challenges. We are making progress on the resource guarding but I know we will be managing it for the foreseeable future. Still lots of work to do on socialization and desensitizing him to the dremel too. He’s very cuddly and I know deep down he’s eager to please, regardless of his countless attempts to steal anything and everything from the counters and hid with it behind the couch. He’s very reactive on the leash at the moment so we are taking baby steps and spending time in the front yard each day with plenty of treats. Luckily our backyard is plenty big for playing frisbee. He’s also recently earned office dog status and now gets to relax with me while I work which is mostly lovely. He loves the Himalayan cheese bones and frozen stuffed kongs. His puzzle feeder has also been a hit. I’m looking forward to continued growth for both Ernie and myself as we continue on this journey of learning. Happy Birthday Ernesto the Pesto 💚

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Happiest Birthday wishes Ernie! 🎈🦴🥳 What a great picture. He sure is a cutie pie! 😊

·
Arf! Arf! Super Moderator
3,504 Posts
Feliz cumpleanos para completa un ano mi amigo Ernesto. 🎁🎈 !Usted muy guapo, el pesto! 🐵 Su amigo por siempre, Ricky Ricardo.

I have missed watching Ernie transition from very young puppy to a mischievous puppy over this last . It will continue to get better and better in the future and the fun never stops. The first year is a rite of passage and kind of an initiation into the joys of living with an incorrigible canine personality. @Mama Mills you now understand why all of us "old timers" on this Forum are so dedicated to this breed.

A Havanese is not a dog, they are a cherished member the family.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Happy birthday, Ernie! Your sure are a handsome fella! It sounds like he has come a VERY long way already, and your hard work will absolutely pay off! Congrats to you for making it through the first year! ❤

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Happy Birthday, Ernie! In another year, you will be a dog rather than a puppy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts