Havanese Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a harness that does not cause Matt’s and tangles?

·
Metrowest, MA
27,954 Posts
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a harness that does not cause Matt’s and tangles?
Sorry to tell you, they all do to some extent. "Vest" types are worst, except on very young puppies. The worst period is while they are blowing coat. But realistically, you just have to brush out those areas after they've had a harness on.

Reactions: Sheri

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The only way to really avoid mats is to keep them in a short puppy cut - in a short cut, i can keep Perry in his harness 24/7 without it causing mats (I have a very thin (3/8") harness that he generally wears.

·
Owned by a Havallon
2,318 Posts
Mia has not gotten much harness matting with the Petsafe 3-in-1, however I keep it on the loose side. Her hair is fairly long at the moment.

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
I do think it helped to brush around Sundance’s armpits and shoulders after taking off the harness. I use a comb for most of the grooming, but I kept a small brush by the back door and used it right around the harness while unbuckling. I stopped doing it when he was done blowing coat. DD combs around his harness if she takes him out in it for a long time (like hours), regardless of which harness he’s wearing, but not for regular walks. It only takes a minute.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts