·
Dave T
10,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: JaJa

·
Metrowest, MA
31,844 Posts
Don't laugh, maybe we're next , since we're related to Maltese. Shows you how ignorant some people can be about dogs and still be able to make laws ..... http://www.thebark.com/content/dna-testing-breed-bans
How ridiculous! As the article said, they might as well just ban all dogs! What about cats? We used to have a cat who bit anyone outside the family who touched her. (well, sometimes she bit us too, but not as often ;) ) What about hamsters? They are "known biters". What about parrots? They can take a finger off, no problem! Sheesh!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Pomeranians? My grandmother has owned at least 1 pom since I was a toddler, and they are so friendly and happy. What sort of nonsense is this? I could understand if they were banned because of their barking, but as an aggressive breed? Crazy talk.

·
Member (Teresa)
1,121 Posts
Don't laugh, maybe we're next , since we're related to Maltese. Shows you how ignorant some people can be about dogs and still be able to make laws ..... DNA Testing for Breed Bans
Yes, I'm 7 years late to the party. I was searching for Singing Havanese (Toffee) and had to read this silliness. I used to volunteer for Second chance companions and the majority were Bully breeds. I completely agree, the owners should be banned (not all but most of the time) not the dogs.
davetgabby, I also wanted to read it when I saw your name and Karen's response. I haven't seen you recently but I come across your name frequently when I do forum searches. I'll just say thank you in case you read this. I love the forum and all the info from well into the past and currently. Ty for your contributions.

·
Metrowest, MA
31,844 Posts
Yes, I'm 7 years late to the party. I was searching for Singing Havanese (Toffee) and had to read this silliness. I used to volunteer for Second chance companions and the majority were Bully breeds. I completely agree, the owners should be banned (not all but most of the time) not the dogs.
davetgabby, I also wanted to read it when I saw your name and Karen's response. I haven't seen you recently but I come across your name frequently when I do forum searches. I'll just say thank you in case you read this. I love the forum and all the info from well into the past and currently. Ty for your contributions.
Unfortunately, we no longer here from Dave. He had severe Parkinson’s and had to go into a nursing home, awaiting brain surgery that might help him. That is one problem with entirely state owned health care… you need to wait your turn for surgery of this sort. I hope he is OK, but I fear he is not, or he would be back. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: Sheri and JaJa

·
Member (Teresa)
1,121 Posts
Unfortunately, we no longer here from Dave. He had severe Parkinson’s and had to go into a nursing home, awaiting brain surgery that might help him. That is one problem with entirely state owned health care… you need to wait your turn for surgery of this sort. I hope he is OK, but I fear he is not, or he would be back. 😢
Oh my gosh that is to bad, he had such good posts. We had that issue with one of Ed's relatives, it was really frustrating because age wasn't a factor. That's a significant loss for the forum but I'm certainly happy you are still active and very lucid😋

·
Metrowest, MA
31,844 Posts
LOL! Sometimes I’m lucid. My husband would question that, at times! o_O As far as Dave is concerned, the VERY sad part, is that it wasn’t an issue of lucidity. When he stopped posting, it was because the tremors had made it impossible for him to use a keyboard any longer.:cry:

• Sad
Reactions: JaJa and Sheri

·
Member (Teresa)
1,121 Posts
LOL! Sometimes I’m lucid. My husband would question that, at times! o_O As far as Dave is concerned, the VERY sad part, is that it wasn’t an issue of lucidity. When he stopped posting, it was because the tremors had made it impossible for him to use a keyboard any longer.:cry:
That must have been for difficult for him, I would be heartbroken myself. I can at least think about him in my heart💙🌹

·
Member (Teresa)
1,121 Posts
I wonder how Dave is. Healthcare is hard to deal with in Ontario. It's not what most Americans are used to.
That's a good point. I have several friends around Canada. My adult son won't listen when I try to tell him no one gets something for nothing, there's always trade offs. One of them had to pay almost $3000.00 out of pocket for an ambulance after a stroke.
I joined the forum right before the message from his wife (?) in August 2020 so I didn't really put that together with my searches since then. People's responses then and now are why I frequently tell people this place isn't just a "forum." It's a community of people who care about what happens to each other. It does make it difficult to loose someone though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts