Havanese Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Gary, you're the BEST puppy daddy! That video was amazing. Rory definitely has a strong drive to bury things. It's fascinating how different our Havs are as Emmie doesn't bury anything. And what do you mean that she organizes her toys? That sounds interesting too.

-Jeanne-

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And what do you mean that she organizes her toys? That sounds interesting too.

-Jeanne-
I put a small basket on the floor near the living room to keep her toys from getting under foot, and put all her toys in it. I was really surprised to see her get them out to play with, and then put them back.

I thought, wow, what a smart and considerate puppy - until I realized she was really just dropping one toy in the basket to pick up a different one, but the net effect is the same - all the toys get back in the basket.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
OMG, Rory is the perfect dog! I have a toy box in the living room and this evening almost all of the toys were pulled out and are strewn around the room (and she has a lot of toys!). I wish Emmie would put them back. She has a very strong prey drive so she likes to have me throw her stuffed animals as far as possible and then she chases them, grabs them in her mouth, and shakes her head to kill them. It brings her so much joy! It's also what she wants to do first thing in the morning - right after I say "good morning" she brings a toy to me to toss down the hall and start the chase. And when I'm busy getting ready in the bathroom, she entertains herself by tossing a ball down the stairs, retrieving it, going back upstairs and repeating the game. I enjoy hearing the thump thump thump of the ball as it bounces down the hardwood stairs.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Really cute idea and a great way to keep her mind active, too!

·
Canela, Vino & Jack's Mom
693 Posts
Rory is too cute. Love that idea! Thx for sharing.

I might even try it, Canela loves to dig too. Don't forgot to post if you get a bigger pan.

·
Ginger's Happy Owners
344 Posts
Ginger would probably take each one of the strips out and play with them. Then I would have a hundred pieces of material all over the living room floor.:frusty:

·
Jen, Timmy and Mae
1,672 Posts
Definitely wouldn't work in my house there would be fleece pieces EVERYWHERE, but there's also no digging instinct here except on the furniture :frusty:. Rory so funny.

·
2,550 Posts
That was a very interesting and creative idea. She certainly did bury it deep. Will she go back later, find it and enjoy, or is burying it the thrill she is seeking? You are definitely the best Dad. Rory is one lucky girl.

·
Cate
144 Posts
What a wonderful idea!

Lulah loves to dig. Currently, her favourite dig site is on/through/into my legs when I'm sitting on the floor...which isn't ideal! :p I'm going to try this for her!

·
Cuba and Tycho
1,090 Posts
Shaping works brilliantly for getting a dog to learn to put toys where you want them; Cuba just loves the game of putting her toys back, and it took very little time to train.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts