Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Not going, but thinking about going to the Blue Ridge Hav Club specialty in June.

·
Katie
2,217 Posts
I am planning on going, and bringing Jester and my daughter and my mom! (that way mom can watch daughter and dog and I can have a margarita with Melissa!) ;)

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
I'm absolutely going, as always! I won't miss a National Specialty. There is too much to learn, so many dogs to see, and too many people to visit.

I'll be bringing all of my dogs, and my husband and my daughter.

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Anneks, last time I checked the room block, there was trouble booking the room and I don't know if that was due to all the reservations that had been made or because of their system, but don't wait too long. It looks like this hotel will sell out of rooms this year.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Thanks for the warning! Since it didn't show a listing of what happens on which days is there a pretty standard format? If I couldn't make it for all 4 days are there certain days that are better for someone who is new to the breed/showing? I think it would be so much fun to come and cheer on all of you who will be showing!! :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kimberly
Are you showing your puppies at Nationals? Good luck to everyone who is showing.

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Here is the tentative schedule:

Tuesday (8/14) - Special seminar (this is a day earlier than usual)
Wednesday (8/15) - Registration, seminars all day, health clinics, microchipping
Thursday (8/16) - Regional specialty (show), Obedience, Rally
Friday (8/17) - National competition: puppy sweepstakes, dog classes; HCA buffet, raffle/auction
Saturday (8/18) - Parades, Junior showmanship, bitch classes, veteran classes, Best of Breed, stud dog, brood bitch, brace; HCA awards banquet

For someone new to the breed, I'd recommend attending as many seminars as possible. However, the shows are on Thurs, Friday & Saturday, which are very exciting and interesting to watch.

Irnfit, I don't have any puppies to show this year. :) I'm expecting a litter this week, but they would be too young to show at the National.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kimberly
The reason I asked about your dogs is because you said you were bringing them. Dumb questions, but do you take them to the show, or do you leave them with someone when you go?

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
I haven't decided yet. I may show one of them, but since my whole family is coming with me, so are the dogs. Grandma & Grandpa as well as some other relatives are in the Denver area, so they may keep the dogs while I'm at the show, or I may show some of them. I will decide in the early summer.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I will be there. Not sure yet if one of mine will be showing though. Will decide that as time get's closer. I haven't missed a National yet. They are fun, you meet a lot of wonderful other Havanese people, learn something new each year, laugh at Doc as she is the best auctioneer, and of course enjoy the bar!!!

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
Pam will of course have to go. A Judges Ed Seminar and ringside mentoring is required for any Specialty now by AKC.
I will be able to go only if we can come up with a house/farm sitter for all our animals. Our kids are both off at college and doing other things in summer and the girl we used to have is also off doing that same thing.

I'm really hoping that Posh can show this year but Pam won't show where she has to ringside mentor and we don't use handlers. I really want to show him. His adult coat is coming in incredible.

The only definate plans are to show him in Bred-By at Eukanuba this year. He was qualified last year and this year. The reason they allow 2 years of eligibility for BredBys is that they might not be in coat the first year suitable for the Specials ring. That was the case last year so we waited to this year. I'd like to get him in the National but we'll just have to see how it plays out.

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
I want to go, but it depends on how things look with our move. We're waiting to get a definite date from the builders.

I wont be showing Princess there though, just coming to observe :D

·
Registered
841 Posts
Just a quick FYI...I called the hotel directly as they just had standard rates on their website. For those of you with AAA and AARP they have a bit better rates :D

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Anneks, you can only get the discounted rate for the Havanese National Specialty through a special link on their web site or by calling directly, that's why the price was higher on their web site.

To get the discounted block rate for the Havanese National Specialty, click here.

The official schedule and other information is going to be released very soon. I will post it here when it is available to everyone.

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
I know they are going to be having a great seminar on breeding on the 14th

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Jodi, there are a lot of great seminars planned this year, including genetics, breeding choices and reproduction/whelping, as well as some really good smaller workshops like grooming. This is a great year to go just for the seminars alone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts