Havanese Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just gotten my first Havanese and have had him for about a week. He's almost 4 months old now. We are having so much fun with him. I love the way he snuggles and likes to take his naps in my lap. We named him Ollie Wiggles Oliver(our last name). His black seems to be turning brown. Will it continue to get lighter as he matures?

I made him a sweater for going outside in the cold and he figured out himself that it goes on easily if he stands on his back legs and points his nose up. He's always happy and excited about getting to go outside, even for a short time. When we come in he comes over and jumps up to me so I can take his sweater off. I'm just amazed. He also learned to fetch a ball in about a half hour watching my friends dog.

He's doing about 70/30 on his potty training as we're still getting used to learning his signals. He was trained to pads but doesn't use them. The successes are when we take him to the back yard - we have a little covered area that is bare of snow.

I'm enjoying learning from all of you on this site.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Congrats on Ollie and welcome to HF! He sounds adorable. Regarding potty training, there's lots of great info in other threads about how to ensure success. But he's also too young for you to expect him to give you signals that he needs to go out. Instead, you should take him out frequently, e.g. after eating, after sleeping, after playing. Good luck. :)

-Jeanne-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts