Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am getting my puppy, Emmy in 9 days and set up an Instagram account.

Do any of you have instagram accounts for your Havi(s)? if so, post your account here - it would be so much fun to follow each other's adventures!

Mine is @EmmyHavanese if you are on the app, and if you want to look on a browser, it is www.instagram.com/EmmyHavanese/

Please post your account below - so much fun!

Have a great day :)

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
You guys ... I'm not on FB. DH and I finally got smartphones last June. I had considered joining Instagram, but DH told me it's owned by FB, so I'm reluctant. I do like the idea of following Havanese, however. I kind of like my simple life of having the online Havanese Forum as my only social media guilty pleasure. If someone were considering joining Instagram, why would you tell them they should?

·
Dexter’s mom
141 Posts
I like Instagram because I like seeing people’s pictures without having so much extra commentary if that makes sense? I have a FB account but not a loyal follower. I’ve only just opened an Instagram account mostly to follow Havanese people, even though I did post a required picture of my first loves (kids😉). They already think I love Dexter more than them and depending on the day they may have a point😂

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ShamaMama I have both FB and Instagram.

With FB, I keep in touch with ppl I normally would just not realistically have enough time to with. It makes me feel like I am part of a community, which has been especially helpful during COVID (I'm single, no children, don't live near family and Honey passed away in November - the past few months have been really isolating)

With Instagram, it is like a feel good way to keep in touch. I look at cute dogs, cute kids, pre COVID vacation locales, teaching ideas etc. It's fun. I also see all of that with people I don't know but have things in common with (like Havanese) whereas with FB, it is limited to my friends.

Both have their advantages. I am also on twitter too - but I stop there. No SnapChat or TikTok here!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I use them different from each other. On Facebook, I have my profile locked down and use it to keep up with family and friends.

My Instagram account is literally just to follow dogs/cats/dog trainers/groomers/Breeders/etc. No family or friends. :). So it’s my happy place. Lol.

·
Dexter’s mom
141 Posts
I use them different from each other. On Facebook, I have my profile locked down and use it to keep up with family and friends.

My Instagram account is literally just to follow dogs/cats/dog trainers/groomers/Breeders/etc. No family or friends. :). So it's my happy place. Lol.
This is a good idea! Maybe I need to make two accounts. One just for all things dogs and another for friends/family...I'll have to think on that!

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Instagram is completely different to me. It’s not so much a security or philosophy issue, I just don’t care for Facebook. Maybe because I don’t want to take the time to tweak the settings to reflect who and what I want to see. Maybe I feel like the content on Instagram is worth the concession in cookies and overall internet risk and the content on Facebook isn’t. I don’t know.

ShamaMama, I really think you would love Instagram. We don’t actively post, but you are so great at taking cute pictures of Shama, you might enjoy that part. Even if you don’t share content, it’s really fun to scroll through photos. If I need a pick me up, I can open the Instagram feed for seriously 1 minute and it will make my day. It’s quick and sweet and the Havanese (and all puppies) are just so cute! I’m not active on Instagram as far as posting, but I have 3 different profiles for different things. The family and friends one I actually never log in to, I’m terrible. Just Sundance’s profile for Havanese and a profile for art related feeds. Even then, I don’t spend much time on it. But, I enjoy it when I do.

·
This is Duke
60 Posts
Just followed you! My kids asked me to set up an Instagram account for our Duke so I did. His handle is: "duke_the_havanese". We love posting photos of him; it's like an online journal where we can chronicle him growing up and all the fun, silly things he does. I also like following other dogs and getting my daily fix of cute. We can always use more of that these days!

I have a separate Instagram account for friends/family. It's just easier that way. A lot of my family would probably get sick of me posting so many puppy photos on my regular account.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am not that familiar with Instagram either. I really don't do a lot of social media. I guess I am telling my age. Since the pandemic, we are working from home and am learning a lot of technology such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams. I never used them before either. Some of you all take such cute pictures and have such interesting photos on Instagram.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts