Havanese Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Member (Teresa)
925 Posts
So far no luck. I thought I could browse other people's postings. Is this like Facebook where I have to make my own account to view postings? I didn't have problems looking at Shama's pictures but now I can't look at anything.

·
Metrowest, MA
29,809 Posts
Just wanted to let you know I continue to enjoy Instagram when I need a break from reality. A friend asked me my opinion on arguing politics on Facebook, and I told her I wasn't on FB so didn't really pay attention to that scene (except when DH shows me something). I told her that today I'd made a little picture of Shama going to Spain in a hot air balloon for the second birthday party of one of her IG friends. If you go to #semmiesbirthday, you can see all sorts of little dogs "traveling" to the party in all sorts of vehicles. (For example, two dogs are flying in rocket ships from Australia.) It's ADORABLE.
In general, I don't mind some politics on FB as long as it's not crazy or nasty. But the last week as been so horrible that I've kind of needed FB and the forum to be my refuges. So I've stayed on my "FB Groups", which are more like this... moderated, and with a specific focus to the conversation, so I can avoid that stuff. The news is quite enough!

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
So far no luck. I thought I could browse other people's postings. Is this like Facebook where I have to make my own account to view postings? I didn't have problems looking at Shama's pictures but now I can't look at anything.
You can view pictures and postings if you know the person or post you're looking for, like Shama's Mama. I didn't have an account for a long time (even after DH made one for Sundance) but I eventually downloaded the app so I could log in and bookmark stuff and so I could save hashtags and people to follow. If you have a Facebook account I think you can log in with it? It tends to be less caustic than Facebook, unless you're like DD and you subscribe to the kinds of things that fill your feed with political memes. I don't really like Facebook, and I don't really deeply engage with Instagram, but it's really fun to relax with it for a few minutes here and there. It's very "pretty," and the puppies and Havanese are perfect to brighten up a day.

·
Super Moderator
4,204 Posts
I'm finding IG great fun and helpful during this time of no socializing, no dinners out, no new friends.
I actually have a few new friends - well, I've never met them! because of IG.
It's a nice distraction and can be fun.
I'll look at some of your all accounts tomorrow when I have more time!

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
I just became Karen's second follower at high_jump_havanese! No puppy photos there yet though ...

💙 💛 🧡 💜 💚

·
Metrowest, MA
29,809 Posts
I just became Karen's second follower at high_jump_havanese! No puppy photos there yet though ...

💙 💛 🧡 💜 💚
Because I can’t figure out how to switch from my regular account to that one!!! I am not even sure how I got it set up! I am a TOTAL idiot when it comes to Instagram. I’ve just about given up. Plus, between the forum, FB and my website, I have enough places to keep updated!!!

Reactions: ShamaMama

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Because I can’t figure out how to switch from my regular account to that one!!! I am not even sure how I got it set up! I am a TOTAL idiot when it comes to Instagram. I’ve just about given up. Plus, between the forum, FB and my website, I have enough places to keep updated!!!
I would say posting to IG can be your very last priority in your life. You certainly do have your hands full with everything else in your life, including darling puppies who use your hands as sleeping surfaces!

💚 💙 💛 🧡 💜

·
Metrowest, MA
29,809 Posts
I would say posting to IG can be your very last priority in your life. You certainly do have your hands full with everything else in your life, including darling puppies who use your hands as sleeping surfaces!

💚 💙 💛 🧡 💜
LOL! That’s what I decided!

Reactions: ShamaMama

·
Metrowest, MA
29,809 Posts
Patience is a virtue but we will be veeeery ready for puppy pictures when you are😋 Following you is a unique opportunity.
I wouldn’t hold my breath on the instagram thing... just sayin’. I can’t figure out how to get onto the account, and it’s a low priority! LOL!

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I wouldn’t hold my breath on the instagram thing... just sayin’. I can’t figure out how to get onto the account, and it’s a low priority! LOL!
If you mean you don’t remember the accounts you created, I relate because even with password managers I manage to do that too often. But if you’re trying to switch between accounts and both are both logged in, in the app you can tap on your profile and then tap on your name to switch users. From there you can also “add account” and if you used your Havanese Facebook account it might already be linked and shouldnt be too complicated to restore. If you get around to it, no pressure! It’s pretty low maintenance since you don’t have to post to enjoy the feed separation (once you figure out the login). I really like it because I can have vastly different feeds and I don’t have to completely log out to switch what I’m viewing.

·
Metrowest, MA
29,809 Posts
If you mean you don’t remember the accounts you created, I relate because even with password managers I manage to do that too often. But if you’re trying to switch between accounts and both are both logged in, in the app you can tap on your profile and then tap on your name to switch users. From there you can also “add account” and if you used your Havanese Facebook account it might already be linked and shouldnt be too complicated to restore. If you get around to it, no pressure! It’s pretty low maintenance since you don’t have to post to enjoy the feed separation (once you figure out the login). I really like it because I can have vastly different feeds and I don’t have to completely log out to switch what I’m viewing.
Maybe I’ll have to try it at some point with you on speed dial. I just can’t figure it out. And it’s not that I can’t remember the accounts. I can’s witch between them. I can’t even SEE the High Jump one to switch to it, even though I set it up FROM my account.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
In the Instagram world, Shama has been in France for a few weeks in anticipation of her sixth birthday which is tomorrow. If you use the hashtag #francewithshama, you can join the party! You could also just look at the #francewithshama posts that people (i.e., dogs) have posted. They're all really cute, and some include a whole bunch of dogs (mostly Havanese) at once. On Instagram, we are shamamama15. I'll post Shama's birthday announcement in the forum tomorrow.

💚💛🧡💜💙

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
I need to post a Merry Christmas 2021 message to you all, but in the meantime, I've posted a bunch of photos on Instagram. Here's a link to one of the posts. Shama also hosted a Christmas tree party in order to gather photos of dogs with Christmas trees. You can look at them all at this hashtag: #shamasxmastreeparty2021 Here is the most amazing contribution to the party. Be sure to listen with the volume up! I'll post Christmas 2021 photos to the forum soon.

💚💛🧡💜💙

·
Member (Teresa)
925 Posts
I need to post a Merry Christmas 2021 message to you all, but in the meantime, I've posted a bunch of photos on Instagram. Here's a link to one of the posts. Shama also hosted a Christmas tree party in order to gather photos of dogs with Christmas trees. You can look at them all at this hashtag: #shamasxmastreeparty2021 Here is the most amazing contribution to the party. Be sure to listen with the volume up! I'll post Christmas 2021 photos to the forum soon.

💚💛🧡💜💙
Oh my gosh Shama is adorable! You are my inspiration for Jodie, her hair in the front is taking forever to grow but it's getting there. I think I need to take more pictures. Your poses with Shama are delightful. Who is Shama's Shih Tzu friend?

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Oh my gosh Shama is adorable! You are my inspiration for Jodie, her hair in the front is taking forever to grow but it's getting there. I think I need to take more pictures. Your poses with Shama are delightful. Who is Shama's Shih Tzu friend?
That's her cousin Trixie. She's a Shorkie!

The nice thing about Shama's hair accessories is that they make it possible to cover the HUGE BALD SPOT that frequently reappears on her little head! Just when I get excited that her hair is growing out again, she does something to tear out a new chunk of it. We don't know when/how/where she does it. I take great care to remove her clips before I put her in the car carrier and whenever we leave her alone. It's not the end of the world, just a little aggravating. I figure her HUGE BALD SPOT keeps me humble. She isn't actually perfect! 😂

💚💛🧡💜💙

·
Metrowest, MA
29,809 Posts

The nice thing about Shama's hair accessories is that they make it possible to cover the HUGE BALD SPOT that frequently reappears on her little head! Just when I get excited that her hair is growing out again, she does something to tear out a new chunk of it. We don't know when/how/where she does it. I take great care to remove her clips before I put her in the car carrier and whenever we leave her alone. It's not the end of the world, just a little aggravating. I figure her HUGE BALD SPOT keeps me humble. She isn't actually perfect! 😂

💚💛🧡💜💙
Wait! WHAT?!?!? Shama isn't PERFECT?!?!? We don't believe you!

·
Member (Teresa)
925 Posts

💚💛🧡💜💙
Oh geez, I forgot to push Post reply on this-sorry. I guess I'm getting OLD.

Jodie may have a bit of a bald spot but I probably wouldn't be able to tell because she has SO much hair! That's probably why she's warm when Cotton is cold. His hair is REALLY wispy and fine. I can't keep even the smallest rubber band in his hair. My, look at all those words caps in. Karen, you are clearly rubbing off on ME 😆 (Just kidding, kind of. We LOVE you though!).

·
Metrowest, MA
29,809 Posts
Oh geez, I forgot to push Post reply on this-sorry. I guess I'm getting OLD.

Jodie may have a bit of a bald spot but I probably wouldn't be able to tell because she has SO much hair! That's probably why she's warm when Cotton is cold. His hair is REALLY wispy and fine. I can't keep even the smallest rubber band in his hair. My, look at all those words caps in. Karen, you are clearly rubbing off on ME 😆 (Just kidding, kind of. We LOVE you though!).
I get excited… What can I say?;)

Reactions: ShamaMama and JaJa
61 - 80 of 81 Posts