Havanese Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Ona. Her name means sea wave in Catalan, but I am learning that it means other things in other languages, like “she” in Polish.
She came home last Sunday. She is 10 wks old, and she has a great personality.
This is my first dog as an adult, and my first havanese. I did a lot of research, since I wanted a dog who was friendly but not overly energetic (I live in an apartment), who did not shed, who would be happy just hanging out with me during my long work at home hours, and who was small enough to travel in cabin with me (I am originally from Spain and go back often for longish periods of time) She fits the bill perfectly! She already sleeps at my feet while I work, just shifting her little body once in a while — she looks up to make sure that I am still there, and then settles down to sleep again! Such a perfect puppy!
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Liver Companion dog

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: Ona

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
This is Ona. Her name means sea wave in Catalan, but I am learning that it means other things in other languages, like “she” in Polish.
She came home last Sunday. She is 10 wks old, and she has a great personality.
This is my first dog as an adult, and my first havanese. I did a lot of research, since I wanted a dog who was friendly but not overly energetic (I live in an apartment), who did not shed, who would be happy just hanging out with me during my long work at home hours, and who was small enough to travel in cabin with me (I am originally from Spain and go back often for longish periods of time) She fits the bill perfectly! She already sleeps at my feet while I work, just shifting her little body once in a while — she looks up to make sure that I am still there, and then settles down to sleep again! Such a perfect puppy! View attachment 178523
Those were similar reasons for me when I chose a Havanese after extensive research. I also added "not fragile/ won't break if I trip over them" :) Havanese are pretty hardy for small dogs. The travel in cabin requirement was big for me as I usually work outside of the US and travel frequently and wanted them to come with me. My Perry fits the bill perfectly.

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Collar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts