Havanese Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I’m so happy to be here.
After many months of searching for a Havenese rescue pup, I was lucky enough to adopt my 4-year-old Havanese mix, Theo, through a wonderful organization called Stray From The Heart.
He is a sweet, smart, easygoing pup, whose interests include shredding cardboard boxes, getting his belly rubbed, and making sure not a single blade of grass in our neighborhood goes un-sniffed.
Even before I adopted Theo, this forum has been such a great resource as I researched the breed, and I’m so happy to finally be part of the Havanese family.
Looking forward to learning from all of you, and your dogs!
Karen S
Dog Collar Carnivore Dog supply Dog breed

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Welcome! Theo is adorable!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Love your description of Theo! 😍 He is one handsome and adorable pup! I looked into Stray from the Heart before I got Sunny. Would love to hear about your experience. Did you have to fly to pick him up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Love your description of Theo! 😍 He is one handsome and adorable pup! I looked into Stray from the Heart before I got Sunny. Would love to hear about your experience. Did you have to fly to pick him up?
Hi! No, I didn’t have to travel!
I submitted an application online, and then did a phone interview with the rescue. They also asked me to submit photos of my home. (No in-person home visits during Covid.)
Once I committed to adopting Theo, Stray From The Heart arranged to fly him up to NY from Puerto Rico. A member of their staff met me at the airport when he arrived, and she made sure he and I were both comfortable before we went home.
Throughout the whole process, which was about a month long, they took such good care of both me and Theo. I really can’t recommend them enough!
In fact, a few months after I adopted, my friend adopted a dog from them also, on my recommendation. Our dogs are different breeds, but we like to joke that they are cousins from Puerto Rico.
Reach out to me if you need any more info - I’m happy to share.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts