Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious as to the size/weight of your pups--- Jassy at a year is 14 1/2 lbs- a little over standard but he looks perfect and has been really easy to potty train (he holds it sometimes for 12+ hours overnight-- if we're all sleeping in he sleeps in with-us.) As a ponder a 2nd pup wondering if his larger size might be a factor in his bladder control.

thanks,

Missy

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Hi,
Kodi, 14 mos old neutered male, almost 10 lbs. Ever since we got him, he sleeps all night and doesn't go until we get up in th a.m. Then it's out the door quick.

Shelby, 14 wk old female. I think she will be a little bigger than Kodi. She also sleeps all night and then s outside first thing with Kodi.

I will be posting a photo of Shelby ASAP - she is sooooo cute!

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Hi, my dogs seem to be a lot larger than most. Lily is 3 and is overweight at 17.5lbs. it amazes me that she can be overweight when she only gets small amounts of SO diet & NO treats!! Lexi is 2 and is 14.5 lbs - she is very long so I think some of her weight comes from her length. I am a little scared as Logan was 4.4lbs at 9 weeks - bigger than both girls were at that age - I think I am just destined to have bigger Havs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Derian has a vet appointment tomorrow. He weighed 3 pounds at 8 weeks and I know he is going to top that. He feels heavy at 13 weeks. He eats real good first thing in the morning about every day. He picks at his food throughout the day after that, But usually eats a fair amount by 7:00 pm when I pick up his bowl.

I'll post what his weight is after the vet weighs him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my dakota is 4 months old...she weighed 6 lbs when i got her a month ago..she is up to 9 lbs now..the vet told me she is not overweight..She is an eating machine. I was concerned that she was gaining weight too fast.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Miss Daisy will be 3 yrs old come Feb. and she is just 8.5 lbs, a perfect lap size. She was easy to potty train, only goes out a couple times a day and holds it all night,,,,,,,, when she feels like it. A don't think size makes a difference when it comes to the frequency of potty breaks.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lucky you Lynn, that Casper eats anything! what is your secret? what kibble do you use? Jasper is going through his usual couple of times a month "I don't like anything" phase he'll go days without eating. drives me crazy. Missy

·
Mom to Dusty and Indie
1,181 Posts
Dusty is just under 10lb at 9 months. Her breeder thought she would end up in the 10-11lb range eventually. Her mom is a similar size.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Dusty is so beautiful. I used to have a blue point Siamese cat named Dusty, because when he was a kitten, he was so fat that he looked like a dust ball rolling around the house.

·
Mom to Dusty and Indie
1,181 Posts
Thanks! We didn't name Dusty. We got her from her breeder when she was 7 months, and she was already Dusty, but the name fit so well, and we avoided having to mediate the name discussion between our three kids! Her entire name is Triple H Arizona Dust Devil. She certainly looks like a little dust devil when she tears around the yard. She looks more like a dust mop when she's sprawled on the floor!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Ollie was 6 lbs at 5 months! We knew he was going to be on the small side when we saw the other puppies the same age...I wanted the smallest one...he was not the so called "runt" tho - one brother was about the same size...llie was the "soft" personality and it describes him perfectly!!

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,359 Posts
Bugsy is almost 7 months (will be on the 21st of January) and he weighs 9.2 lbs. When I got him at 12 weeks he was 3.6 lbs and he grew fast and furious for a while, but the last month or so he really slowed down and he is a lot more picky with food. I am not sure how tall he is, I will try and measure.

Bugsy is my first experience with a small breed, when do they stop growing hight wise. Rome (my standard poodle) seems like he just keeps getting taller and taller. He is 2 1/2 years old and just had his last growth spirt at 2. I am guessing that Havanese are different. Any thoughts? :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
The vet just weighed Derian today. He weighed 5 Lbs at 13 weeks old. I could feel he was getting heavy. He had a clean bill of health.

Everyone at the vet's office had to hold him, give him hugs and kisses. They were going on how beautiful he is and how well mannered he is for just being a young puppy to just be so calm while they examined him and clipped his nails.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Honey (approx. 1 yr old) was 7 Lbs.

Pepper (approx. 3 Yrs old) was 10 Lbs.

This is what they weighed when we took them to the vet when we first got them, so they may have gained a little weight since then...

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Al: you can just tell Derian is a special pup--- he is just the cutest.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lynn: you are one lucky Hav owner! Jasper, won't eat anything for long. He even started refusing the food I was cooking especially for him. We thought we had solved the problem when I discovered the raw diet (which I cook) but lately he won't eat that either. He did eat the royal canin for a while. He's not skinny but if he doesn't eat he'll vomit from hunger. The vet said try cat food- that even sick and dying dogs will eat cat-food. But not my Jas. it is the only frustrating thing about him. But it is good to hear, that Casper eats anything--- there is hope. Ham and Pea soup---yummm. I'll try the royal canin again.

Missy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Al: you can just tell Derian is a special pup--- he is just the cutest.
Thank you Missy.......He is certainly spoiled rotten. When It is the least bit cold and misting rain outside, He will stop by the edge of the patio and turn towards myself or the wife to bark.

This is his way of saying, Hey if you want me to go in the cold and rain to do my business, you guys going to come with me or I am not going.:D Soon as he is done, He will race back under the patio like a rocket and rare up on his hind legs with his front paws swatting back and forth wanting you to sit down so one of us can wrap our jackets around him. Soon as one of us picks him up he buries his head into your jacket.

Concerning his eating, He eats real good. Derian is being fed Nutro Lamb and Rice.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts