Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 or more

Votes: 3 2.9%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many dogs do you have? I see how Havanese are soooo addicting!
I have two and a borrowed one.

This is a great test poll.

When you start a new thread, below the typing box there is a place that says Additional Options,
in that box is an option that says "Start a new poll with this thread"
Check that box.

After you submit it the thread, it will then ask you what options you want for voting.
Thats it! I made this one in less than a minute.

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
We have twelve Havanese. Four generations in our house. Although, actually now we're down to eleven as one of our retired females just went to live with Pam's parents who recently lost their 2 house beagles to old age. They live in a retirement home and Abbie has been a hit from the start. She's adding to Pam's parents' life a lot as well as a lot of the other folks there. Pam has some really touching pics. Her place will be taken here by another at some point by a female to breed to Posh but no definate plans yet.

When we only had four they all slept on our bed. When we ran out of corners on the bed they easily made the transition to sleeping in crates in our room. I recently added on to our house and now the dogs have their own complex with their room right beside our bedroom.

We also have one nonHavanese farm dog who lives outside most of the time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We have 7 havanese all house dogs and they rotate in and out of the beds and crates. I ususally have one or two with me at night - Tony is working on the puppies being bed dogs.
Finally we have nothing under 7 months and all are champions except the 7 month old twins. (Thief has 8 points) so they are now learning about beds.
We still can't get them past about 8AM but the adults will sleep till noon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one Havanese (newest addition) and two Yorkies. The Yorkies are 7 and 14 and Dash ( the Hav.) has breathed new life and energy into both of them!

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
I have one male 6 months and I just registered him today Yeah his full name is Eckerts Wisdom of Yoda not to bad for my first LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have a 10 year old Smooth Fox Terrier, Twigs, and our new family addition, Barney, a five month old Havanese. I'd wanted a Havanese since I first met one over 10 years ago. Definitely worth waiting for. Twigs loves Barney. She still has a lot of puppy in her even at 10. To watch them chasing each other in the yard just makes my heart sing. Speaking of singing, Barney is quite a crooner. We can't believe how many different sounds come out of him.

·
Registered
312 Posts
On the 10th of this month we invited into our home our newest Havanese, Dani. A beautiful 5 month old little girl. Dani makes our third Havanese, along with an American Eskimo (what my husband calls "our real dog") and a toy fox terrier. So far so good. Everyone is getting along great! My avatar shows all 3 Havanese, of course lounging on our bed!

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
hey red head gator now you know where else would the dogs be but in the bed LOL that is where ours is he thinks he owens the bed hahaha "Not" Yoda is mad at me cause I make him go in his crate today I am trying to get him use to the cate .When he was ship to me they put him in a to small of crate and now he dont like them so now I have a 200 series for him he will lay in it only as long as the door is not closed LOL just enjoy your little girl .Mine is 7 months old now and its a male

·
Valentino's Mom, Vicki
2,590 Posts
Hi! I am a new member and a new hav owner! My 10 mo. old male hav is named Valentino! He is gorgeous and such a cuddle bug! He gets along great with my 10 yr. old bichon and my 4 yr.old maltese. I've had dogs all my life and I'd have to say Valentino is already by far the best one I've ever had! I will eventually get another.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awww arent Havs the greatest. I LOVE Bichons. I used to have one, and I actually found the havs when I was going to get another Bichon.

They are so addictive. They need other dogs to play with, so I am glad you have other dogs.

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
welcome to the form doggie nut glad to hear you have a havanese they are great dogs.I think they are the best!! do you have any pictures posted here I have a 7 month old male Susan

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
sure go to gallery at the top on the left side then once you go there on the upper right side click where it shows upload click on that then follow the promps OK hope that helps you

·
Registered
38 Posts
Number of Havs

I started out with a Havanese because my daughter was looking for a dog and I wanted one that I could live with if I ever inherited it. She took Zorro once he was house trained and a great pet.
We now have 4 Havanese living at our house. Mom - Dizzy, Dad - Trooper, daughter - Hope and son - Champ.
No one gets to sleep in our bed, but everyone is in our room - the little guys in crates and the big guys where ever they want.

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
I have two havanes Lily who is 3 and Lexi who is 2. I am in love with another who was just born last week and think I want. They are truly addicting!!

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
HI Laurief, I only have 1 havanese his name is Yoda and he is 8 months.They are very addicting!!!!! I know I want another LOL Thats why I dont even look any more maybe next year but for now I will just have my 1 . Our little guy sleeps with us every night.Yoda can be so goofy at times its great!! I think the next one I will get is a little girl I have fallen in love with this one little girl but she is not for sale LOL my husband said thank G for that LOL DO you have pictures posted ?Susan

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
sUSANECKERT - Thanks for your reply, I hope I am doing this correctly as I have never been in a forum before. I was hoping to put a question out to those who have gone from 2 to 3 dogs & how the dynamics worked. My breeder suggested a male as the females are dominant & therefore there should be no "in fighting" as my two females have established their places already. I am already in love with this little guy, and have named him already but want to be sure that bringing in a 3rd would not reak havoc on the great personalities of the other two. Any input would be appreciated. I did attach a picture to my profile (I think) but an trying to figure out the avatar thing. Hopefully I will have one posted soon. Thanks.

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
You are so welcome!!!!You know normally bring in a puppy will be fine I have had several dogs at one and they got along fine and didnt change the way the dogs normally behavior was you should not have a problem with it. Femals as adults LOL have that act of mothering LOL just like people do LOL. I names mine before I even decided to buy him the breeder named him whitie YUK!!!! And the first pic I seen Of Yoda that is what name came to mind I could not even see him as any other name now. Its pretty easy to upload a pic here just go to the gallery and you will see where to upload upper right I beleave click on that then when the next page pops up you click on browes then just click on the file where you keep your pictures at open that section up and click on the picture you want and then I beleave it says open click that then up load easy huh?? LOL You will get it and you are doing fine on the form.The more you use it the more easyer it gets Susan

1 - 20 of 53 Posts