Havanese Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,616 Posts
Those with a better understanding of exactly what the recommendations are can better elaborate on the exercise portion and the hips, but young Havanese puppies actually don’t need “walks” for exercise because they’re hips are still developing. We did take our puppy on “wandering” walks, more for fresh air, sniffing around, and training. But your puppy won’t be missing out while your toe is healing. A lot of people wait on walks until a certain point in the vaccination schedule anyway.

Their physical exercise needs can be met indoors with a little creativity (which I’m really thankful for right now because it’s so cold outside). If you have a partner to help you play “name games,” with treats for recall, your puppy will get lots of exercise running back and forth between you, he can practice responding to you, and you can even keep your foot elevated ;)

Personally I found with my high energy puppy, practicing “sit” and other skills for 5 minutes burned off way more energy than exercise alone.

· Registered
3,616 Posts
This feels like an ad for "game tables for less" They took pieces of two of MY posts, word for word, and reposted them without credit as their own... curious. No original thoughts? Hmmm.
It was the first thing I thought! It did cross my mind that someone was trying to quote and messed up the formatting but it’s been hours, plenty of time for clarification. It doesn’t seem like a bot post, but that’s what makes it smart if it is, because text taken from another part of the forum is unlikely to get caught by filters. A huge waste of the person’s time if it isn’t.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts