Havanese Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

While I appreciate this group, it is not for me. I cannot locate, nor find any information, on how to remove myself from this group. I emailed an admin with no response. Can someone please tell me how to remove myself from this group? Thank you!

·
Metrowest, MA
31,476 Posts
Hello,

While I appreciate this group, it is not for me. I cannot locate, nor find any information, on how to remove myself from this group. I emailed an admin with no response. Can someone please tell me how to remove myself from this group? Thank you!
You can post under Forum Support, but if you just aren’t interested, if you just go into your personal settings and make sure that email notifications are turned off, you will rarely hear from the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can post under Forum Support, but if you just aren’t interested, if you just go into your personal settings and make sure that email notifications are turned off, you will rarely hear from the forum.
I did turn off emai notifications. I do not understand why I cannot just remove myself from the group? Almost like being held hostage for no reason. I see that others have viewed this post, but I cannot see who. Although my settings were all set to "only me" and the like, I still received notifications. Again, I contacted an admin and received no answer. Why is this difficult?

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
The Havanese forum isn’t like Reddit or Facebook where there are lots of hosted forums or groups for different topics and you create one account and then join or leave different groups. When someone creates an account it’s just for the Havanese forum. So if you aren’t interested, once you turn off your notifications and stop posting there arent any ties to other groups. You shouldn’t receive any emails or anything at all. If it’s really important to you to delete your account completely, I’m pretty sure you have to contact the administration. But no one will harass you or seek you out or spam you or anything if you just stop posting. If you already contacted an admin through conversations, I think the link at bottom of the page that says “contact us” has a different email address you can use for the company that owns the forum.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I did turn off emai notifications. I do not understand why I cannot just remove myself from the group? Almost like being held hostage for no reason. I see that others have viewed this post, but I cannot see who. Although my settings were all set to "only me" and the like, I still received notifications. Again, I contacted an admin and received no answer. Why is this difficult?
The forum isn’t private, which is why you can see people have viewed the post but not who. People who aren’t registered users can read these posts they just can’t post themselves without registering. In your settings, the “only me” refers to anything you post on your own member page, which is separate and you can make that private. However as far as I know only members can see anything on that page and only if your settings allow it.

There is a place to turn off email notifications in the account settings, but if you’re still receiving notifications maybe they’re browser push notifications? They’re really annoying and pop up when you’re on other sites? There’s a separate setting for them in your account settings but you can also turn them off in your browser settings on your device. I hate them so if that’s what you’re receiving I can understand your frustration :) Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
5,148 Posts
You will need to contact the administrator to delete your account. It may take a few days for the administrator to get back to you. In the past if the account was deleted by the administrator your postings will remain on the forum, but your avatar or name will be removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts