Havanese Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been telling my husband and my kids for months, that when they take Princess out to potty, that as soon as she squats they need to tell her to eliminate.

The kids do it, I've seen them... and I just assumed hubby did too.

Well, we got our first snow, and it's cold... he takes Princess out in the morning to do her business before he goes to work.

This morning he came in and said, "I can't believe it, she didn't want to go and I told her to Eliminate, and she went!"

Um, hello, what have I been telling you all along?

They need training classes for husbands. :D

I wonder if the shock collar lady would take him on for a few weeks? LOL

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi
I think they think they have the magic formula that works better and they do not need to do as suggested & recommended ..
Also they just do not seem to listen ..

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
LOL! Not to male bash or anything....... ahem...... but don't they make really large crates for just this problem??! I'm sure in no time, our spouses and kids will finally 'get it' ! :rolleyes: :p

5 of us in this house, so had to make sure the other 4 did whatever I knew would work with Ricky.... sigh... not always easy! And then, you have to let visitors, like g'ma and aunties and your friends know what works for YOUR puppy! There will always be someone who won't agree and will think/say that you should use this or that method. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi
I can certainly relate to the people who come to visit and do not get it .
Also they keep comparing the new little guy to Asta which is not fair ..
Every dog is different and it just so happens this one is very different!! I do not get it people children in the same family can be different and it is OK and even desireable but in a breed all the dogs should be the same .. I do not think so !!

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
I agree - my three all have very different personalities and traits. They certainly are not the same in any way! I hate when you ask "company" not to feed the dogs, yet the day after a party or visit, You find that they had LOTS of unauthorized food!

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate that.

We haven't had a big problem with Princess and her getting fed goodies yet, but when we had our Golden's the boys' friends were notorious for feeding them goodies. I finally told them one day, that they were going to be the ones cleaning up diarrhea and vomit. Miraculously we didn't have a big problem after that. LOL

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Thats is the best way of doing kids dont want to do that job LOL now if I can only fine a way to keep my hubby from making knocks in yoda coat grrr lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts