Havanese Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from NY. I was crazy busy the week before, getting ready to go. I was not online at all in NY so I have a lot to catch up on.

Westminster was amazing. All the gorgeous dogs!
Im going to start a thread in that section and put some of the fun photos and ring shots.

So If I have neglected anyone in anyway, hit me now. Well dont hit me....but ask me again in case something was over looked!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Welcome back Melissa. We missed you. We were all bombarding the Westminster website to watch the Havs. They were gorgeous.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Welcome back Melissa!Glad you made it back safe and sound!:D

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Julie and Rita!

There are A LOT of people stranded in NY. So many flights were being cancelled. All of our flights were cancelled. I got on one yesterday by going Standby. I fly a lot so the airline status got me bumped up to the top, but there were 80 people on the list!!!! And that was only to DFW.

Jan was still stuck there today, she was trying to get on a 5pm flight, but there are 600 people on that stanby list. Its insane.

I heard stories about Handlers going to the airport with all of their dogs multiple times, just to find more cancelled flights. Its terrible!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Thats nuts. What about the people who were stuck on the runway for 17 hours? They should have just let those people off the plane. What if you had kids with you or had a condition where you needed meds. UGH. They would be giving me a lot more than free flight.:mad:

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
Welcome back Melissa. Did Stogie make it home as well? Or is he still on the show curcuit? Looking forward to all the pictures.

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Welcome back! I saw Stogie on the video posted on the Westminster website :) So cool!
Sorry about the tardy response, I have been busy all week and no time to view email or even chat on this lovely chat room :) (We had our whole home painted and we redecorated - we are now totally done and we can now relax :) ).
I am sure Westminster was a blast!

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Great that you finally made it home, Melissa! :)

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stogie is home with me. He did great on the airplane. I just dont have the heart to send him out on the show tour, although I totally understand people who do. I would send him out with Lois some, but she has two specials already.

I did enter him in San Antonio so I will probably show him myself. It just depends on how he does with me.

Ill make sure I get some more photos posted of the other dogs today.
Im just now over that westminster cold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts