Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to share and where else but a havanese forum.April 21 is when hubby will be picking up our chocolate havanese my children have named "Duncan".
I am so excited I can just burst!
Can I ask a favor?Could you list a puppy check list so I make sure I have everything before Duncan comes home.
Thanks all!!
Dot:) :) :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh geez!! I stink at this computer stuff,I will have to play around with it,and when I figure it out I will post the link.Thanks for looking though!!

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
a chocolate!How exciting!:D

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
Great News Dot. You must be sooooo excited:)

Here is a list of items I got before my Sam came home.

His breeder supplied the crate, so he was use to it before he came home.

ex - pen, for the times I couldn't watch him

leash and harness. I used a harness for the first few months. I was afraid he could slip out of a collar.

food and water dishes. I like stainless steel, dishwasher safe.

a small pin brush, I started brushing on day one.

nail clipper, I like the scissor type for little nails

Bathing supplies, shampoo, conditioner, towels, wash cloth-for face.

Pee Pad, if you decide to inside potty train

Lots of paper towels and cleaning supplies LOL LOL:D :D

These are the things that I can think of that you will need with-in the first few weeks.:)

Good luck with your new baby.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
seems to me you would need:
a crate
an ex-pen(though I never used one)
a pin brush
a greyhound comb
collar/leash
toy or 2
chew
bowls

I can't think of anything else.....

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
A camera.......always need a camera!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for all your great replies!!Keep them coming!!
Oh,what kind of brush exactly do I need????There are so many??and where do you get them?Is it cheaper online?I just,today,got a Petedge catalog!!So excited!!The 21st will not be here soon enough for me and my girls!!!:) :) :) :) :)

·
Riley & Monte's mom
5,579 Posts
Congrats Dot, you must be sooo excited.
One of the things my breeder did that I loved was to have me send a pair of my dirty socks in a zip lock bag to her. She would take my socks out for my puppy to play with and get familiar with my sent before he came home. Check with your breeder see if thay would do the same, or send something else, they may not want someones dirty socks LOL. I know I thought it was odd but I really do beleave it helped.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
my breeder sent a baby blanket(puppy size)that had the scent of his mother on it.He carried it around alot,and still sleeps with it.I got most all of my supplies through petedge.They are inexpensive.The brush I'm referring to is a pin brush.....they are in petedge....same as for greyhound comb.:)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Congratulations Dot. I'm excited for you. How lucky that you found a little chocolate Hav, and I love the name you picked. Where are you in Queens - I am on Long Island near JFK. Can't wait to see pics of your new furbaby :D

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Oh how exciting, Dot!! Duncan is a great name. :)

Look around at other threads in the diff. forums here. I'm sure there are some that have answers to your questions. I'm in a rush and have to leave, so no time to offer any advice, but you'll be just fine. Have fun shopping! :)

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Dot, welcome & congrats!! I am sure you are so excited. My breeder sends home with each pup a toy that they all played with so they have the scent. I also brought a small blanket & held the siblings = my problem was that Logan threw up on the toy and the blanket on the ride home so I had to wash them & he lost the scent. I suggest brining an extra item & just put it in the car, not near the pup in case he gets sick!! I felt bad as his sisters got to keep their "smelly toy" so I had to "give in":D :D and let him sleep with me the first few nights!
Laurie

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Here, here, about the natures Miracle - I don't know what I would do without it :D Dot, big hugs of congratulations to you, I look forward to seeing your little one :)

·
Mom to Dusty and Indie
1,181 Posts
Horray! Another Chocolate! I don't think I can really add anything to those lists, except maybe a couple of old vinyl tablecloths to go under that ex-pen if it's going to be over carpet. I remember something about getting a pin brush without the little balls on the ends of the pins. And the ones with shorter pins are supposed to be better. I have the one with long pins, of course. Check with your breeder about what to get too. Ours brought over a basket of goodies that included shampoo and conditioner and a bunch of other stuff so I didn't need to guess what kinds to get for a while.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts