Havanese Forum banner

641 - 660 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
We are in Atlanta through tomorrow fixing rental house close to Howell Mill Northside Drive. We will back next week for more of the same.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In 2018, we added Lani to our family. When she was a month old, she was white with brown spots. As she matured, her brown spots lighted up to a peach color.
In 2019, we picked up Lila from the same breeder. She kept her red color as she as aged.
As of February 2020, Lani is 17 months while Lila is 5 months.
Pippin, our black Shavanese, passed away in 2019 due to congenial heart disease. The best way to describe him is that he had an excess of personality.

Attachments

·
MiloBearHavanese
13 Posts
In 2018, we added Lani to our family. When she was a month old, she was white with brown spots. As she matured, her brown spots lighted up to a peach color.
In 2019, we picked up Lila from the same breeder. She kept her red color as she as aged.
As of February 2020, Lani is 17 months while Lila is 5 months.
Pippin, our black Shavanese, passed away in 2019 due to congenial heart disease. The best way to describe him is that he had an excess of personality.
Hi Im Milo,
I believed you and i have the same color.

https://www.instagram.com/milobearhavanese/?igshid=597mpisfnq02:x

·
Registered
29 Posts
Topuall,
Definitely the same color, though your pup has a bit more white. Lila is showing only white on her chest.
Gorgeous pup, he has the same shape face as our Lila.

Frank

·
Cuba and Tycho
1,090 Posts
It’s such a long time since I visited this wonderful site, so I am re-introducing myself. I am the very lucky owner of Cuba, who is now eight years old - I can’t believe how time flies (such a boring cliché, but so true, which is I suppose what makes it a cliché...). I’m very happy to be back on the Forum, and hope some of my friends from before are still here.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,623 Posts
It’s such a long time since I visited this wonderful site, so I am re-introducing myself. I am the very lucky owner of Cuba, who is now eight years old - I can’t believe how time flies (such a boring cliché, but so true, which is I suppose what makes it a cliché...). I’m very happy to be back on the Forum, and hope some of my friends from before are still here.
LALA!!! So GOOD to see you!!! ❤ ❤❤. We have puppies at our house! (Read all about it in the “Panda’s Puppies” thread!) Kodi, Pixel and Panda are doing great. Are you still in Hong Kong? How have done through Covid? I don’t want to ask, but I have to... you didn’t mention Tycho... :cry:

Reactions: Sheri

·
Cuba and Tycho
1,090 Posts
LALA!!! So GOOD to see you!!! ❤ ❤❤. We have puppies at our house! (Read all about it in the “Panda’s Puppies” thread!) Kodi, Pixel and Panda are doing great. Are you still in Hong Kong? How have done through Covid? I don’t want to ask, but I have to... you didn’t mention Tycho... :cry:

So good to be back! I’ll check out Panda’s Puppies, so look forward to seeing what has been happening, Karen! My beloved little Coton, Tycho, died three weeks ago yesterday; I am devastated. Heartbroken. He was fourteen, absolutely fine, apparently, until the very end when he suddenly declined shockingly swiftly. Taking that decision to end suffering is the hardest decision ever, isn’t it. Suffering oneself is the only right thing to do, but oh, how one suffers. I miss his small white presence in our lives more than I can say, as, it seems, does Cuba. She has lived her whole life, since she came to us, with Tycho. She seems to be looking for him. We are all struggling. And yes, still living in Hong Kong, where we have been incredibly lucky on the Covid front - still ‘only’ around two hundred deaths all told, which is somewhat of a miracle, though still terrible for the poor people concerned. What a time this has been for us all.

·
Owned by a Havallon
2,194 Posts
So good to be back! I’ll check out Panda’s Puppies, so look forward to seeing what has been happening, Karen! My beloved little Coton, Tycho, died three weeks ago yesterday; I am devastated. Heartbroken. He was fourteen, absolutely fine, apparently, until the very end when he suddenly declined shockingly swiftly. Taking that decision to end suffering is the hardest decision ever, isn’t it. Suffering oneself is the only right thing to do, but oh, how one suffers. I miss his small white presence in our lives more than I can say, as, it seems, does Cuba. She has lived her whole life, since she came to us, with Tycho. She seems to be looking for him. We are all struggling. And yes, still living in Hong Kong, where we have been incredibly lucky on the Covid front - still ‘only’ around two hundred deaths all told, which is somewhat of a miracle, though still terrible for the poor people concerned. What a time this has been for us all.
So sorry to hear about the loss of your precious Tycho.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Lalla sorry to hear that Tycho has recently passed away😔. It is such a heartbreaking price to pay for loving them so much when it’s their time to cross the rainbow bridge🌈 💔 xx

·
Metrowest, MA
27,623 Posts
Oh, I am SO sorry to hear about Tycho. Fourteen years is a good long life, but it is never long enough! ❤

·
Cuba and Tycho
1,090 Posts
Oh, I am SO sorry to hear about Tycho. Fourteen years is a good long life, but it is never long enough! ❤
It’s a truly punishing heartache, Karen. I know there must be so many people here on the forum who have been through this and who know just how painful it is. My little boy. He died in my arms and I can still feel that moment when he went limp. I don’t think I’ll ever forget it. I’ll certainly never forget him. He saw me through great upheavals in my life; that kind of loyal devotion is something entirely special to our canine companions and, for me has elicited a love as important as any I have ever felt for any human. I don’t have children, so perhaps that is a factor; dogs are not a substitute, in my opinion, they are something utterly different and hugely important, but perhaps one’s own focus is different when it isn’t directed at children? I don’t know. I only know that a part of me is now missing and the pain of it overwhelming at times. Time, of course, will work its usual healing powers. Fourteen years is, as you say, a good long life but certainly not enough, and I’d hoped for another one or two, but there we are. At least I know we had no choice but to let him go, and that makes living with the decision more bearable.

641 - 660 of 669 Posts