Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1452 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is a great place to introduce yourself. Location, thoughts, any info that you would tell someone when you meet them.

I am Tim Babin. I live near Baton Rouge, La. I am a friend of Melissa's, she is pretty special and is something else. I own a photography business in my area. I am here to support Melissa.

Hope you have a great time. And post often. Especially pictures.

Reactions: mabel

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Im Melissa, I started this board. I kept wishing there was a board similar to others I visit for the Havs. So I just decided to make one. Worst case scenario, Ill be here talking to myself. Best case it will be a fabulous resource for info and stories about our Havs.

Im a photographer in Dallas with two Havanese, Goldie and Stogie.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jan Davis

Hi, I'm Jan Davis. Originally from the Boston area, now living in the Wild West. I do have dogs and Stogie is my Grandson. I rescue horses and learned to drive one of my wild rescues. I have way too many now and am whittling the herd down. I show and breed Havanese and have two awesome boys(the two legged kind).
I do way too many things. I love art and am a Teddybear artist, hooker and also love photography. My dad used to be a photographer and was a Judge for the Boston camera club. We always had a darkroom in the house, that always meant one less bathroom.
I'll add more later, and thanks for the Forum Melissa.
J

·
Registered
847 Posts
We have a lot in common, Jan. I didn't know you had horses. We do too! Way too many right now during this drought. We have had to feed all summer. There is no hay because all the grass died so early in the season.
I love photography, too. Melissa is helping me find a new camera! We also have 2 boys.
I said we have a lot in common, but I am not a hooker! LOL (okay, I'm a assuming you meant a rug hooker? please say yes)
Dawna

·
Registered
31 Posts
I knew someone would grab on to that. I am a rug hooker and I miss my group I had in North Carolina. I buy wool and hand dye it and cut it into strips. I hooked an awesome photo of Faith. Now if I could just find it.
I have 9 horses right now, and am wanting to sell 5. I have reg. Quarters, Paints and my favorite, Percheron Crosses. My love bug is a half Perch half Trak. He is nearly 2 years old and already 15.3+.
J

·
Registered
847 Posts
Okay, you're making me feel lazy. You hand dye your own wool?!
We have registered Paints and Quarterhorses, too. I have a Palomino mare that I got when I was 15. Yes that makes her reallllllly old!
15.3 hands at 2 yrs....that's a big boy!

G

·
Jan are you serious, you hand dye your own wool? That is way cool!! I don't have any horses, but I do enjoy photography...Melissa's helping me find a camera too, and then she's going to teach me some tricks of the trade.

Tami

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.

Saw the hooking chat. Crochet is as close as I ever got. I use Bridget as my log in for privacy as I lead a pretty public life most of the time. I'm a Ballroom Dance Instructor and have a studio in North Carolina. My partner is a former 3time national champion and we keep pretty busy so my little dog is the rest of my life. I always had big dogs before, really big ones, Bullmastiffs, Burnese Mountain Dogs, Great Danes. The Havanese is the first little dog I've had and I love her to death. (Not quite, she is very happy, I just had to get used to the idea that I had to reach way down to pet her.) Glad to join the forum. I hope this one takes off for you and that people as nice as those who seem to be joining now are continually attracted to it.

All my best

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Bridget,
Im glad you joined! Wow, what an exciting career.
You will have to show us some photos of your Hav.

I hope we continue to have the nice people here also. My goal is to make it fun and educational, NOT political.

So you have crocheted, but you are not a hooker! Good news...hehe just kidding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have hooked, but not in a long time. I just recently joined the group and got a Hav puppy. I have a 16y/o daughter, a 12y/o son and a 5 y/o Bichon and a 12 week old Havanese. I live in central NJ. I first researched the breed in 2001 when I got a Bichon (Teddy) because I couldn'tt find a Havanese. My bichon goes back and forth with my kids to their father as I ahve been divorced for 2 years. I am lonely without mydog, hence the new pup.

I have crocheted as well as hooked in the past, however my current hobby is scrapbooking (which of course means I am into photograpy) and i take lots of pictures. I will soon have to start on Winnie's book. I should probably finish Teddy's first though. It is 2/4 done, jsut have to get to it.

I am glad to find a friendly forum to hopefully learn more about the Havanese.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Winnie: My daughter is 27 and works for the Department of Defense. I have a grandaughter age 2. I take my dog to Washington with me when I visit because the baby and the dog get along surprisingly well together. I wasn't sure they would on the first visit. The thing I like about this site is reading about peoples experiences with their dogs. My breeder told me poopy butts were not a problem. I'm hearing other people have the same problem. It's comforting to know that my dog isn't the only one that vomits bile and I'm not alone. She first started doing it right before she went into pneumonia (sp) and I almost lost her. Now I find she has asthma. I actually stopped smoking for my dog. I work 6 days a week, long hours so I don't have much time for hobbies. I do some polymer clay work, sew up dance costumes and bead them but that more for work than hobbie I guess. The nice thing about owning my own business is that I can my dog to work with me.

Bridget

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone!!!!!

I'm so excited to find a forum about Havanese! We are the proud family of an 8 month old Havanese, Princess Isabella. We live in northern Tennessee. I have two daughters 12 and 14.... ohh ya and a wonderfull husband ;)
I can't wait to share and learn from the forum. I've already read a few threads I'm itching to respond to.
After losing our 2 dogs last summer we were left heartbroken for another companion. After several months of research, in May we brought home our Bella Bella from a wonderfull breeder in Nashville.
Can't wait to meet all of you.
BTW I'm a quilter not a hooker :D
Mel

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Hi Mel!
Im glad you joined the forum. Princess Isabella looks like my Goldie did as a puppy. If you look at the Heart Calendar thread, there is a photo of her there. She had those pretty gold ears. (Thats how the name Goldielox came about).

I have a good photographer friend who lives in Tennessee.
Bella Bella is adorable, Im glad you are here!

·
Katie
2,217 Posts
Hello from Sunny California

My name is Katie and I live in Northern California.
I have 4 Havanese.
Daisy is 2 1/2~ spayed and the most spoiled lap dog.
Stella is just over 2, Emmy is 1 1/2, and Havana is 7 months. (Havana is Stella's daughter from my first litter this year).
I enjoy showing dogs, although I am not showing right now. Emmy went thru a horrible coat blowing and I am playing the waiting game so it can grow back in. She only needs 2 points to finish.
Funny thing is that I too enjoy photography...although I am still in the learning stage! I do love my d70!
I am excited about this new forum!

Katie

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi Katie! Glad to have another hav lover and Nikon fan!
Melissa(Forum owner, and photographer extrordinaire) helped Tami (Saltango Havs) & I pick out new Nikon D80's. I love mine!
Welcome to the Forum!
Dawna

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
IM susan

Hi all Im susan just trying to fine a place to meet people with havanese since I am new to this breed I am looking for all kinds of help on raising one of these little jewels.I have a little male that is 6 months old.Well I will have any ways in 3 days how exciting can that be? MY Husband said he is moving out until the pup gets here LOL I guess I am a little over excited but can you blame me haha Hope to get some feed back.:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi All:

I am a new member to the havanese forum. We have a gorgeous brown and white sable female havanese (5 months old). This is our first puppy to join our family of 5. She is so spoiled we just love her tons of kisses and watching the action of stealing our socks, slippers etc. My problem is I signed a contract from the breeder to spay her and I can't get myself to bring her to the vet for this operation. I don't want to terminate the chance for her to have puppies because she is so beautiful, plus letting her get a huge scar. When I signed this contact I was not aware of how I would feel until she arrived in our family. Any suggestion?

Take care,
Briteyes

1 - 20 of 1452 Posts