Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High Jump Chasing Moonbeams, “Chase” (formerly Cadbury)!!!

I hope you’ll all forgive my coyness & waiting to share on the forum, though we did just find out in the past few days which pup would be ours. My family and I are positively bursting with anticipation for our puppy pick up day, now less than 2 weeks away! We pretty much have all the essentials and are now getting to share the news with all our friends & family. We love our pup so much already! 🥰

I want to take a moment to say thank you’s 🙏.

First and foremost to @krandall. Thank you seems inadequate for the amount of experience, guidance, WORK (backbreaking at times!), dedication, compassion, did I say WORK (?😉) patience (esp.with me, lol!) and most of all LOVE 💕 she has put into this new enterprise - and no one would ever guess in a million years this was her first litter! I feel like we’ve hit the breeder/puppy lottery for more reasons than I can possibly list. Continuing to have her sage advice and even play visits is more than my family & I could ever hope for in a breeder- BTW, we are now by extension of Chase ‘family’ and may be testing out ‘Auntie Karen’ affectionately, 😜 haha!

I also want to thank the members of this forum. Your advice, stories, many Havi pics and laughs have been absolutely priceless these past months. I’ve tried to absorb as best I could from everyone and have taken notes at times! I haven’t been able to contribute much personally being Havi-less, and am SO very pleased I will now be able to, even if just with pics and stories to start. I’ll look forward to the continued enrichment here which tends to naturally infuse into my family and soon to be puppy life!

I don’t know if I’m going overboard here, as I am starting to feel like I’m accepting an Academy Award 🏆 😝, but welp, what we’re getting is WAY better!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! So happy for you and your family! Can’t wait to hear and see more about Chase once you get him home! So happy we get to follow him (along with Ducky) as they grow up as part of our “forum family”.
Thank you so much! I feel just the same! ☺

·
Metrowest, MA
27,955 Posts
I think you should get a prize for that name!!! It is a WONDERFUL name for ANY Havanese and ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for this little boy!!!

·
Tucker 2007-2020
6,324 Posts
How wonderful! Congratulations! What a beautiful boy you are getting, with the best upbringing. :)

·
Arf! Arf!
3,367 Posts
@LeleRF CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am bursting with pride with you! You have won the lottery with an exemplary Havanese!!! CHASE is aptly named and I know what his strong points are 😉😉 You got the "pick of the litter" in terms of what fits your family dynamics best. After all I am the DogFather of this litter and I "know things". I have been paying attention to ALL of the videos and CHASE is an unbelievable combination of conformation, obedience competition, and cuddly companion Havanese. It is just a matter of which way(s) you want to take him. I am thrilled he will stay in the HF family!

As the DogFather of this litter, I have a vested interest in CHASE. You are obligated to post lots of pictures, brag about his accomplishments, and post regular updates. I want to see photos of his new family on "pick up" day, so many you will need to make an album on HF. Don't disappoint the DogFather because the last thing you want is him knocking on your door in the middle of the night with RICKY RICARDO riding shotgun, inquiring about how he is doing!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yay congratulations LeleRF🥳 Am so pleased it’s you😆. Can’t believe I didn’t even start to think of putting two and two together and wondering if you were going to be the proud owner of a High Jump pup…last week (or maybe 2 weeks ago as time flies by post forty🙄) I was even wondering if you’d be getting your pup soon and nearly asked if there was any news on one of the threads…that would have been a hard one to answer/keep quiet🤐🤣

So happy for you, your family, Karen, all of us here on the forum and especially Chase (fab name) that he will be going to such a nice home😊😊

And yes the pic above is just gorgeous🥰🥰I love his little snuffling about in the ash pan white nose 🥰🥰

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How wonderful! Congratulations! What a beautiful boy you are getting, with the best upbringing. :)
Thank you, Sheri! Boy, you got that right on the upbringing!

@LeleRF CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am bursting with pride with you! You have won the lottery with an exemplary Havanese!!! CHASE is aptly named and I know what his strong points are 😉😉 You got the "pick of the litter" in terms of what fits your family dynamics best. After all I am the DogFather of this litter and I "know things". I have been paying attention to ALL of the videos and CHASE is an unbelievable combination of conformation, obedience competition, and cuddly companion Havanese. It is just a matter of which way(s) you want to take him. I am thrilled he will stay in the HF family!

As the DogFather of this litter, I have a vested interest in CHASE. You are obligated to post lots of pictures, brag about his accomplishments, and post regular updates. I want to see photos of his new family on "pick up" day, so many you will need to make an album on HF. Don't disappoint the DogFather because the last thing you want is him knocking on your door in the middle of the night with RICKY RICARDO riding shotgun, inquiring about how he is doing!
Thank you so much, Popi, aka DogFather! 🤗 Naturally, your blessing is of particular importance here! Please feel free to PM me to impart some of these things you know whenever you think I need some of that wisdom as well! I promise mum’s the word > 🤐! Truly, I completely agree with your sentiments on Chase being perfect for our little family and I so appreciate your well wishes. ❤

I will for sure be providing updates, pics and anything newsworthy with the HF! I will say I’m a tad camera shy, so I may not have the family side of pics to post here, but plenty of our boy!

Now, if I see any shotgun riding happening outside in the wee morn hours on my Ring alarm, I’ll be sure to tell hubby to let you in! Coffee or tea? 😝

Yay congratulations LeleRF🥳 Am so pleased it’s you😆. Can’t believe I didn’t even start to think of putting two and two together and wondering if you were going to be the proud owner of a High Jump pup…last week (or maybe 2 weeks ago as time flies by post forty🙄) I was even wondering if you’d be getting your pup soon and nearly asked if there was any news on one of the threads…that would have been a hard one to answer/keep quiet🤐🤣

So happy for you, your family, Karen, all of us here on the forum and especially Chase (fab name) that he will be going to such a nice home😊😊

And yes the pic above is just gorgeous🥰🥰I love his little snuffling about in the ash pan white nose 🥰🥰
Thank you so much, Claire!! ☺ 😘 Gosh, it was hard to keep the secret and at one point someone even asked me direct questions on what’s happening with my puppy journey and I had to slowlyyy back awayyyyy and give very nondescript answers. I didn’t want to fib 🤥, so I put on my Invisibility Cloak for a few days 😉! I too love his lil touch of Fluff (marshmallow creme) on his nose! 🥰

·
Arf! Arf!
3,367 Posts
Thank you so much, Popi, aka DogFather! 🤗 Naturally, your blessing is of particular importance here! Please feel free to PM me to impart some of these things you know whenever you think I need some of that wisdom as well! I promise mum’s the word > 🤐!
Well what I know is no secret and is what everyone else already knows if they have been paying attention. What I know is that High Jump Havanese and Karen Randall are one of the best breeding programs in the U.S. Anyone who gets a High Jump pup now or in the future will be getting a superlative Havanese custom selected for their family. And MANDING training to boot! This is new stuff to me and I don't know of any other breeder who is doing this. This training is cutting edge in a breeding program!

So @LeleRF know that you didn't get a Toyota Havanese (perfectly serviceable and dependable) you got a Tesla Havanese (sit back and enjoy the ride with the beautiful design and advanced technology already built in)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well what I know is no secret and is what everyone else already knows if they have been paying attention. What I know is that High Jump Havanese and Karen Randall are one of the best breeding programs in the U.S. Anyone who gets a High Jump pup now or in the future will be getting a superlative Havanese custom selected for their family. And MANDING training to boot! This is new stuff to me and I don't know of any other breeder who is doing this. This training is cutting edge in a breeding program!

So @LeleRF know that you didn't get a Toyota Havanese (perfectly serviceable and dependable) you got a Tesla Havanese (sit back and enjoy the ride with the beautiful design and advanced technology already built in)
I love it, a Tesla Havanese! Indeed, ain’t it the truth!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh my gosh! Congratulations on Chase! I love the name by the way. Oh it's so exciting to be able to watch one of Karen's pups grow up! So envious!
Thank you so much, Jackie!!! I knowwwww, if I weren’t me, I would be envious of me!! Erm, uh something like that! 🤪

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congratulations, LeleRF! ShamaPapa and I are so happy for you! We can't wait to see your photos and hear your stories! Please stay in touch!

💚💛🧡💜💙
Awww thank you to you BOTH, ShamaMama&Papa! 🤗🤗 I surely will share the fun times to come, and just so I give Karen a break every now and again, seek advice from all of you!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts