Havanese Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Congratulations!! That is so wonderful and Chase, formerly known as Cadbury, was definitely a favorite of mine! What a sweet boy.
Thank you, Cassandra! 馃槉 He is an absolute doll! I was lucky enough to participate in the soaping process- well more accurately, I was on drying duty, so I was able to spend time drying him. Poor lil guy didn鈥檛 love the air on him, but handling him and loving on him during the process was quite special!

Premium Member
Just getting caught up after a few days...Congratulations Lele! You did a very good job of keeping the secret! 馃槃 Chase is an adorable little fluff ball! 馃グ His name is just perfect! You are so creative! We'lll be looking forward to lot's of pictures of your special boy. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just getting caught up after a few days...Congratulations Lele! You did a very good job of keeping the secret! 馃槃 Chase is an adorable little fluff ball! 馃グ His name is just perfect! You are so creative! We'lll be looking forward to lot's of pictures of your special boy. :)
Congratulations on the new addition to your family!
Thanks so much, Heather & BoosDad!! 鉂も潳 Chase is literally ALL we talk about now! @Heather's I am so lucky to have a ton of incredible pics courtesy of Karen who just happens to be a phenomenal photographer, so I鈥檒l be putting together a 鈥榖aby鈥 book. I have to work on my skills because there will be a very noticeable difference between her shots and mine! I鈥檒l need to double check if it鈥檚 kosher but I want to print well wishes from the forum to include in the book. I consider the HF our extended family so it鈥檚 only fitting!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Congratulations @LeleRF ! Chase is adorable and such a perfect name. Can鈥檛 wait for you to bring your baby home and share all the pics!
Thanks so much, Lisa! 馃槉

I'm curious if you appear in any of the photos that Karen has posted on Panda's journal.
I am fairly certain my face doesn鈥檛 appear though I did 鈥榟elp鈥 (I use that term loosely) with week 2 puppy pics, so my hands or top might be in there. This is DD meeting them! She was in absolute HEAVEN! 3910F913-4C66-48AF-9893-19FB45DD3A8A.jpeg 73E9D92A-A5D7-42EF-8D8D-E9CF65FEC4D1.jpeg

Arf! Arf!
Chase is literally ALL we talk about now!
I find it interesting how things have changed in the nine weeks since the litter was whelped. In the beginning Chirp stood out as the only female. Both Ducky and Jelly stood out with their spectacular coloring. And Cadbury (Chase) and Peeps were lost in the shuffle. Now all the HF family wants to talk about is Chase (Cadbury) and Peeps. Now it is a real 'horse race' which of the litter is a "special dog." They are all special. Each has their strengths that can be utilized by their families to bring out the best in them. The point is, it will be one to two years before each one of the litter settles into their adult appearance, personalities, and characteristics. We have already seen how much can change so quickly with an individual puppy. The fun will continue watching the Easter Basket litter mature.

Only Karen knows how painful it is for me to see them go, but on the other hand all will be staying in the northeast so I know Karen will be in close contact with the families and I expect to get periodic updates on each one at a minimum through Karen if not directly on HF. This IS going to be fun!

Metrowest, MA
I find it interesting how things have changed in the nine weeks since the litter was whelped. In the beginning Chirp stood out as the only female. Both Ducky and Jelly stood out with their spectacular coloring. And Cadbury (Chase) and Peeps were lost in the shuffle. Now all the HF family wants to talk about is Chase (Cadbury) and Peeps. Now it is a real 'horse race' which of the litter is a "special dog." They are all special. Each has their strengths that can be utilized by their families to bring out the best in them. The point is, it will be one to two years before each one of the litter settles into their adult appearance, personalities, and characteristics. We have already seen how much can change so quickly with an individual puppy. The fun will continue watching the Easter Basket litter mature.

Only Karen knows how painful it is for me to see them go, but on the other hand all will be staying in the northeast so I know Karen will be in close contact with the families and I expect to get periodic updates on each one at a minimum through Karen if not directly on HF. This IS going to be fun!
I'd BETTER get updates! Otherwise it would break my heart! 馃挃

Registered

I don鈥檛 know what it is about Chase but he has totally stolen my heart馃挏 I think part of it is that I am so excited for LeleRF but he is just so photogenic, every photo is like he is looking at you with pure love on his little face馃槏

Metrowest, MA
I was thinking that, like they HAVE TO become forum members or return them馃槝
Well, I didn鈥檛 tell them they have to become Forum members鈥 some people are just not social media people. But I DID strongly encourage them. We鈥檒l see!

Metrowest, MA
I don鈥檛 know what it is about Chase but he has totally stolen my heart馃挏 I think part of it is that I am so excited for LeleRF but he is just so photogenic, every photo is like he is looking at you with pure love on his little face馃槏
He is a very special puppy. They all are, of course, but, honestly, I have never met another one like him. I can鈥檛 post them here, because I am not allowed to post photos of my granddaughter on the internet. But I sent the photos to LeleRF. My not yet 3 year old granddaughter was here over the weekend. When the puppies were younger, I could put her in the pen with them. (SHE is very gentle and knows how to behave with animals) but THEY are mostly a bunch of little sharks right now. I took Chase out and sat him beside her on the couch and the two of them had the most adorable little love fest for about 10 minutes. I just don鈥檛 know another 8 week old puppy who will do that!

He probably WILL go though a mouthy stage鈥 they mostly do. But in general, he is just SUCH a sweet, gentle puppy! I love him to bits. This is his favorite position, and he鈥檒l do it for anyone!

Premium Member
I am curious, Karen, how the new puppy parents found you. Word of mouth? Did you already know them and knew they wanted a Havanese? I expect you didn't have to advertise!

Metrowest, MA
I am curious, Karen, how the new puppy parents found you. Word of mouth? Did you already know them and knew they wanted a Havanese? I expect you didn't have to advertise!
The one who is a forum member, I suspect saw my name here, though she would have to tell us that for sure. She is also in my geographic area. The others were referrals from other breeders in my area. I got a LOT of applications, though, some from as far away as California. I would GUESS that many of those were simply internet searches.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts