Havanese Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey there! I live in Manhattan with my Hav! Happy to help with anything. For puppy training class we did Andrea Arden's (i think 4 classes?) puppy kindergarten class. I also took Piper to puppy playtime at School for the Dogs in the east village which she enjoyed a lot! The playtimes are 4 dogs max with a trainer who lets them play one-on-one and explains all their body language and knows when to interrupt/redirect. The first puppy playtime it was 3.5-4lb 12 week old Piper and 3 very big dogs! The trainer let Piper sit on my lap and observe them romping around and then put her down with one big dog at a time who he was feeding treats to so they were calm and distracted and she could waddle up to them and get her sniffs in. After that he created a Tiny Puppy Playtime class which was GREAT. Piper was able to run around with two other less than 6 lb puppies and wrestle and chase.

The School for the Dogs guy was really attentive and the puppy playtime class is always capped at 4 pups max. They also have a 6-class puppy K training class which I hear good things about.

I havent used a dog walker yet because I work from home so I'm able to take her for her walks during the day myself. When your future pup has his/her shots, I have lots of recs for fun places to take him/her like Boris and Horton (dog cafe!), Le Doggie Cool (on weekends their backyard area is open to anyone), dog-friendly restuarants/bars, etc.!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there! I live in Manhattan with my Hav! Happy to help with anything. For puppy training class we did Andrea Arden's (i think 4 classes?) puppy kindergarten class. I also took Piper to puppy playtime at School for the Dogs in the east village which she enjoyed a lot! The playtimes are 4 dogs max with a trainer who lets them play one-on-one and explains all their body language and knows when to interrupt/redirect. The first puppy playtime it was 3.5-4lb 12 week old Piper and 3 very big dogs! The trainer let Piper sit on my lap and observe them romping around and then put her down with one big dog at a time who he was feeding treats to so they were calm and distracted and she could waddle up to them and get her sniffs in. After that he created a Tiny Puppy Playtime class which was GREAT. Piper was able to run around with two other less than 6 lb puppies and wrestle and chase.

The School for the Dogs guy was really attentive and the puppy playtime class is always capped at 4 pups max. They also have a 6-class puppy K training class which I hear good things about.

I havent used a dog walker yet because I work from home so I'm able to take her for her walks during the day myself. When your future pup has his/her shots, I have lots of recs for fun places to take him/her like Boris and Horton (dog cafe!), Le Doggie Cool (on weekends their backyard area is open to anyone), dog-friendly restuarants/bars, etc.!
Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts