Havanese Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to whether anyone uses the Freeze Dried food. We have been using the Stella and Chewy coated kibbles but are moving over to just the dried food. Our dog Pacho loves it and seems to do very well on it. Any other opinions or insights out there?

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Boo ate Stella and Chewy Freeze Dried for about 10+ years in the past. Since he is still doing ok at almost 19, I highly endorse. It also comes in a variety of protein sources, which makes meal time more interesting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's very encouraging. I didn't know it was around for 10 years. I thought it was a more recent innovation. Boo is 19. That's impressive.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
That's very encouraging. I didn't know it was around for 10 years. I thought it was a more recent innovation. Boo is 19. That's impressive.
Thanks
I started buying it in 2006-07. At that time, they were still fairly new and only had the raw frozen and freeze dried raw. You could only find it at few places that sold higher quality pet food. Now the line is much more expansive and available at more places.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Perry's been eating it for 3 years with a short diversion to honest kitchen before we came back to S&C. He eats it for dinner and fromm kibble for breakfast.

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Just curious as to whether anyone uses the Freeze Dried food. We have been using the Stella and Chewy coated kibbles but are moving over to just the dried food. Our dog Pacho loves it and seems to do very well on it. Any other opinions or insights out there?
My dogs love it, but it’s just too expensive to feed on a regular basis with 4 dogs. It’s great quality food, IMO, though!

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Yes, I feed it mixed with the S&C baked kibble. I completely crumble it up and mix it around and wet the whole thing because otherwise Sundance sometimes picks out only the freeze dried. There isn’t a freeze dried patty he has tried that he doesn’t like, he loves it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Addie came to us eating S&C chicken puppy patties. Once we got the right ratio of water, she had good poops, but has developed a recurring diarrhea problem. We've tried adding some S&C puppy kibble, tried S&C beef puppy patties, but it's really a problem. She poops several times in the night, no poops during the day, and back to runny poop in the evenings/night once her system reloads. We need to try something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts