Havanese Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We noticed one of Sunny's tee
th fell out today. She is 10.5 months old and it is from the top (my left). I thought she was done with her puppy teeth falling out so should I be concerned that this tooth fell out?
Hair Nose Skin Hairstyle Eyebrow

Head Arm Leg Plant Human body

·
Metrowest, MA
29,823 Posts
Puppy canine. If the one on the other side hasn't come out yet, and doesn't come out SOON, you should talk to your vet about having it removed. This is a long time for it to be retained.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Karen and Tom!! Glad it was a puppy canine and not an adult one. I was a little worried since I thought she would have lost all the baby ones so thanks for letting me know about Ember. I saved the tooth (like a weirdo) and Sunny kept running to the room it was in and wanted it back! :DThe other puppy canine is still there. The vet mentioned she would remove any still there during her spay surgery but that won't be for another couple months atleast. BTW, am I the only weird one that saves teeth?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you Karen and Tom!! Glad it was a puppy canine and not an adult one. I was a little worried since I thought she would have lost all the baby ones so thanks for letting me know about Ember. I saved the tooth (like a weirdo) and Sunny kept running to the room it was in and wanted it back! :DThe other puppy canine is still there. The vet mentioned she would remove any still there during her spay surgery but that won't be for another couple months atleast. BTW, am I the only weird one that saves teeth?
Nope not weird Linda. We saved Charlottes teeth. In fact she had to have 14 teeth removed because 5hey were not falling out and she had double teeth!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,823 Posts
Nope! i save all the baby teeth I find! ❤

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nope not weird Linda. We saved Charlottes teeth. In fact she had to have 14 teeth removed because 5hey were not falling out and she had double teeth!
We saved one of Charlie’s canines, though no idea where it is now… it was the only one we found when he lost his baby teeth! We just found our first baby tooth from jojo… either a molar or premolar.
Definitely not weird (or at least if it is, you’re not alone in your weirdness!) We found one of Jolene’s molars/premolars last week; she’s lost all of her incisors but we haven’t found any of those, assume she swallowed them! We kept one of Charlie’s canines from when he was a puppy too!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,823 Posts
We saved one of Charlie’s canines, though no idea where it is now… it was the only one we found when he lost his baby teeth! We just found our first baby tooth from jojo… either a molar or premolar.

Definitely not weird (or at least if it is, you’re not alone in your weirdness!) We found one of Jolene’s molars/premolars last week; she’s lost all of her incisors but we haven’t found any of those, assume she swallowed them! We kept one of Charlie’s canines from when he was a puppy too!
I am such a sentimental fool that when I trimmed the feet of the Easter Basket litter before sending them home, I saved little locks of baby hair for each owner! LOL!

Reactions: lindam

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No concern! Ember didn't lose her puppy canines until late too. Nice to see that Sunny has a nice bite, and sturdy teeth!
She really does have quite strong and sturdy teeth! She also has sturdy legs and can jump from the floor straight on to the coffee table. She is so strong. Luckily she knows the "off" command (most of the time). :)

She has such pretty white teeth, and she lets you handle her mouth so well!
It was a work in progress but I tried to brush her teeth daily (or almost daily) since we first got her so she would be used to me touching her face and mouth area. But it did take about 15 pictures and my brother holding the camera for me to get these pics. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts