Havanese Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Issac weighed 9.9 lbs this morning. He has really slowed in growth so I expect he will probably stay between 10-11 lbs. Don鈥檛 know his height. I can鈥檛 figure out a way to accurately measure. I know I did it with Leo and Rex at one point but don鈥檛 remember how I did it.

Metrowest, MA
Issac weighed 9.9 lbs this morning. He has really slowed in growth so I expect he will probably stay between 10-11 lbs. Don鈥檛 know his height. I can鈥檛 figure out a way to accurately measure. I know I did it with Leo and Rex at one point but don鈥檛 remember how I did it.
An easy way to get a good approximate height is to pick up 9 paint stirrers at Home Depot. They are free. Tape them together, two vertical, and the other across the top to make a little 鈥渄oor鈥. If he is almost 9 lbs, I would make one of them 10鈥 high (on the underside) one 9 1/2鈥 and one 10 1/2鈥. Put them over his shoulders when he is standing straight with his head up, right where his shoulders meet his neck. (His 鈥渨ithers鈥) one of these should be pretty close, and you can guestimate a 1/4鈥 up our down. If worst comes to worst, tear the tape off the smallest or largest and go up or down another half inch.

Registered
An easy way to get a good approximate height is to pick up 9 paint stirrers at Home Depot. They are free. Tape them together, two vertical, and the other across the top to make a little 鈥渄oor鈥. If he is almost 9 lbs, I would make one of them 10鈥 high (on the underside) one 9 1/2鈥 and one 10 1/2鈥. Put them over his shoulders when he is standing straight with his head up, right where his shoulders meet his neck. (His 鈥渨ithers鈥) one of these should be pretty close, and you can guestimate a 1/4鈥 up our down. If worst comes to worst, tear the tape off the smallest or largest and go up or down another half inch.
Better than how I did it with a yard stick and a pencil, lol

Metrowest, MA
Better than how I did it with a yard stick and a pencil, lol

The problem with a yardstick and a pencil is that you can't be sure that you have it level. So it can be off by quite a bit.

Reactions: skubler
1 - 18 of 18 Posts