Havanese Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Happy New Year. Jasper has always been an itchy dog. Mostly his chin and snout area- but it seems he is always scratching somewhere. He will be a year on Wednesday--- but he has been this way since we got him at 8 wks. We feed him mostly Prairie raw diet now, and occasionally he will eat some eagle pack kibble (no corn or wheat in either) and his treats are mostly jerky) Feeding has been an issue since he is so finicky as I mentioned in an earlier post. The vet thought both the itchy and the finickiness could be food allergies. But we have tried him on mostly rabbit and he is still itchy. I know Hav's have less sebum (which is one of the reasons they are less likely to cause allergies and why I am able to live with a dog for the first time in my life) But I hate to see him so uncomfortable. He get's a full grooming/shampooing once a month to every six weeks. And once a week he get's a dry bath with an allergy relief wipe (simple solution makes it) and I brush him 2-3 times a week. He has had a few small hot spots-- that the vet gave us a prednisone power that you make into a paste-- but other than that I have tried topical creams and sprays with lidocaine that don't really work. Anyone else have itchy pups and ideas about how to stop the itch?

Thanks,

Missy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts