Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jack in the morning sun, I could not resist. Jack is 3 years old. A dream to groom, I am only combing out 2-3 week. I think I will be keeping his hair in long coat after seeing this picture.

Attachments

3,646 Posts
He is beautiful, Linda! Do you keep his top head hair short? Do you have a close-up photo of it? Maybe that is what I could do with Finn. Augie is my easy to groom dog. He has profuse coat but I only comb him out a couple of times a week.

·
Dave T
10,876 Posts
he looks great Linda. koodos.

·
Metrowest, MA
30,816 Posts
He's gorgeous, Linda!

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you tap on the picture and expand it, you can see a closeup of the head. It is pretty messy close up this morning, I just got home from work and the boys are outside doing their business.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I keep the top part short, layering the hair to drop on side of face. I also thin out the top portion of head, if I did not, he would have a big fro on the top. It is a work in progress.

I use small cheapy thinning scissors bought from Sally's Hair Supply store...about $30-$40 if less. I also use these to cut the hair between his eyes also, eye and bang trims about once a week.

Go slow, it is a balancing act to make it look right.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You do a good job Linda!
And btw, I feel kind of silly. I have a regular PC and when I read your post about tapping on the picture to expand it, I actually tried and then realized,"wait, it doesn't work on a regular PC" :doh:

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jack close up, if you have a smart phone or tablet you can expand the picture really big. I am having problems attaching a picture right now, I will try later on the tablet.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is all the hair I combed out of Jack tonight. I think he must be going though another hair growing cycle. Lots of mats close to the skin on the back shoulder area, I was shocked! Needless to say, tonight was not a short brushing out and combing session.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.