Havanese Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm curious if anyone keeps a journal/diary on their pups? I love all the creativity I see out there for bullet journaling and such. I love pens and paper, etc.

I think it would be fun to keep a handcrafted journal with little and big details of my new pups. I could include photos, talk about quirks, keep track of food or health issues. Does anyone do this?

·
Owned by a Havallon
2,617 Posts
Hi, I'm curious if anyone keeps a journal/diary on their pups? I love all the creativity I see out there for bullet journaling and such. I love pens and paper, etc.

I think it would be fun to keep a handcrafted journal with little and big details of my new pups. I could include photos, talk about quirks, keep track of food or health issues. Does anyone do this?
I think having a journal is a great idea. I have a calendar that I note items of interest on. My items are pretty much all health related. For example, a dog vomits or has loose stools I will record that. This helps me draw conclusions about what could be causing issues. For example, this can help me determine if I am feeding too much bone or fat. Since I feed them a homemade diet it is critical for me to observe them and adjust accordingly. Mia does not need as much bone as my yorkie for example.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think having a journal is a great idea. I have a calendar that I note items of interest on. My items are pretty much all health related. For example, a dog vomits or has loose stools I will record that. This helps me draw conclusions about what could be causing issues. For example, this can help me determine if I am feeding too much bone or fat. Since I feed them a homemade diet it is critical for me to observe them and adjust accordingly. Mia does not need as much bone as my yorkie for example.
I like the calendar idea. It's easy to forget things so writing them down will help.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
I meant to do a “puppy scrapbook” and bought a little 8x8 blank book for it. I did keep notes for it on my phone but they aren’t really complete, and when I started to go back to do it, there were lots of holes. I have a hard time with my memory about the order of things sometimes so I wish i had done it a month at a time. For my kids I’ve done digital albums and printed them but they actually take a lot more work. The next time I send an order of photos to print I’ll print Sundance pictures and definitely stick them in the book. I just think it would have been better if I worked on it while my memory was still fresh, since they’re only puppies once!

ShamaMama suggested keeping forum posts as puppy memory keeping. I used to write responses on my phone in Notes before posting because I would start and stop a lot and they’d disappear, so I do have those. But the new forum software automatically saves drafts so I don’t do that anymore.

My kids really love any kind of memory book, I know they’d love one of Sundance. But they’re also old enough to make one, so maybe I should take advantage of that one of these days.

·
Metrowest, MA
28,950 Posts
I am a compulsive photographer and am very good about keeping my photos in an orderly manner, so "events" are captured that way. In the past number of years, I have used FaceBook and "My Social Book" (which, at the touch of a button, gathers all your photos and posts from FB and/or Instagram, then lets you sort/edit them quite easily and purchase the resulting book) as my way of creating an easy, annual book of what goes on in our family. I can even add things to my book that I don't post publicly, by posting them on FB, but posting to "only me", handy because my son does not allow photos of my granddaughter posted on FB!

This year, I chronicled Panda's litter here on the forum, and I've been chronicling Ducky (my "keeper" puppy's) first year. I will probably capture those posts as a big file at some point and turn them into a file that I can keep for myself off the forum. But posting them here on the forum kept me organized, and allowed me to share them with others!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts