Havanese Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
32,278 Posts
Nice! Beautiful tank! I don't think I've seen these!

·
Retired Groomer
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
The line came out in the mid 2000’s or so and were discontinued a few years later (maybe, 2011).
Very high quality, thick curved glass. Intended to be a mid century modern/retro look. I have seen a few used ones around, especially the smallest model, but mostly in Vancouver which is an expensive ferry ride away from me! I feel lucky to have found the two I have : )

Plant Product Interior design Houseplant Wood

·
Metrowest, MA
32,278 Posts
I have this smaller, less expensive model that was given to me by the company. I really like this one too. It is plumbed through the bottom, so there is no visible equipment on the back.
Plant Water Pet supply Terrestrial plant Grass
Christmas tree Plant Christmas ornament Interior design Wood

·
Metrowest, MA
32,278 Posts
Beautiful ‘scape!
And plumbed is a huge bonus, I agree. Nice of Fluval to just throw tanks your way, lol!
Is this one of your current tanks?
Well, I have done a lot of work with them in the past. I still have the tank, but it is not currently set up. I we have been having big water problems in our town over the last couple of years, and I have had to make RO/DI water for ALL aquariums and vivariums as well as all drinking water. (they SAY it is safe to drink, but we don't trust it, since it killed fish on contact) We have a new town well that is ALMOST ready to go on-line, so the water problems are ALMOST over, and I will probably set a larger tank back up when it is not so hard to do water changes. But until then, I reduced "aquarium water changes" to only nanos and my paludarium, which sits where this tank used to:
Plant community Plant Purple Rectangle Terrestrial plant

So at the moment, the Fluval tank is in the barn. But when I DO set a tank backup, that is most likely the one I will use.

·
Retired Groomer
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Oh, the paludarium! So beautiful! I have a large, shallow tank in storage that would make a fantastic, open air paludarium, if I could only find space in my small house to put it.
I feel very lucky to live in an area with plentiful, clean, soft water. I keep a 2500g gallon koi pond, as well, which is basically a huge outdoor fish tank (literally, it is a custom made aluminum tank), that gets treated and fussed over just as much as my indoor aquariums.

Plant Building Botany Shade Architecture

Automotive tire Asphalt Motor vehicle Plant Technology

·
Metrowest, MA
32,278 Posts
Oh, that is GORGEOUS!!! I have always LOVED the idea of a Koi pond, but in our area, we have frost to a depth of 3’ regularly, and to be safe, they say a Koi pond needs to be at least 6 ft deep. So it’s really like putting in an in-ground swimming pool! Gold fish ponds are easier, because the fish themselves are smaller, and can get by with as little as 6 inches of unfrozen water under the ice. They are also much more cold tolerant than Koi. So LOTS of people do goldfish ponds in our area. The few people who do Koi, have MASSIVE holding pools for them in their basements For the winter.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts