Havanese Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
View attachment 178789 Hi
I got My first Havanese almost 2 years ago and then I had to get another. They are so amazing!
I love the color of your friend. Is he considered a Havana brown?
If I can get a photo up I’d like your opinion of this puppy’s color. The color charts are pretty intense!! The pup is one week old and the litter had a chocolate and white but this puppies nose is black or the darkest brown ever.
Do you have a pic of your sweetie as a puppy that you could show me
I am far, far, from an expert but he looks like a sable to me. He’s still very little though, it will probably be m prominent as he grows.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Genetically, your girl is a black and tan. (POSSIBLY with a single copy of the silver gene)

The “white” dog was most likely a VERY faded sable that carried the genetics to produce this.Either that, or the dog you are calling “clear red” was not really, and was a red sable, where the black tips had been cut off his coat, making him LOOK like a clear red. that confuses many people including breeders. I have seen MANY dos listed in the HVanese Gallery as “red”, that are CLEARLY red sables. Was genetic testing for color done on either of the parents?
I don’t think any genetic testing for color was done. I met both the parents, and breeder stated dad was a clear red. She may have been guessing herself. Maggie as a baby was Black and Tan with white markings. She lost the tan within the first year.
Cat Carnivore Dog breed Flooring Floor

Comfort Dog Carnivore Companion dog Dog breed

·
Registered
97 Posts
Kiki’s breeder categorized her as a black dog with tan points on the AKC paperwork. There was also an option for Black and Tan, and she has just the tiniest bit of white. I wondered if it should have been Black and Tan with white markings, but I guess it doesn’t really matter. She has silvered a little, and she has that rusty mustache. Her black hair can appear to have a dark auburn tint in certain light.

View attachment 178909

9 weeks

View attachment 178910
View attachment 178911
Recent photos- front/back

The silvering is in her tail, down her back legs, on her chest, and now showing up here and there on her back. Time will tell if it continues to spread.
Beautiful girl!😍😍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts