Havanese Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mammal Carnivore Liver Dog breed Felidae
Hi
I got My first Havanese almost 2 years ago and then I had to get another. They are so amazing!
I love the color of your friend. Is he considered a Havana brown?
If I can get a photo up I’d like your opinion of this puppy’s color. The color charts are pretty intense!! The pup is one week old and the litter had a chocolate and white but this puppies nose is black or the darkest brown ever.
Do you have a pic of your sweetie as a puppy that you could show me

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree! He looks a lot like my Charlie as a puppy, who is registered as gold brindle but I think is actually gold sable bc he didn’t have the tiger stripes.

This is him at 4 weeks:
View attachment 178807

And here he is at recently, at 10 😊
Thanks so much I learn a lot on here
Your doggie is a beautiful color. I haven’t seen that color before

View attachment 178813

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree! He looks a lot like my Charlie as a puppy, who is registered as gold brindle but I think is actually gold sable bc he didn’t have the tiger stripes.

This is him at 4 weeks:
View attachment 178807

And here he is at recently, at 10 😊

View attachment 178813
What an itty bitty cute puppy. I love his color
When you said gold I pictured it so differently. To me (I’m new at Havanese) his color looks so unique like a really pretty smokey gray
Havanese always look so happy!

·
Registered
43 Posts
His color is constantly changing! I’m pretty sure he has the silvering gene (I think someone told me there’s a gene for that but I’ll defer to @krandall) Right now it’s more grey, though more blond on his underside, but other times it’s much more of a flaxen/light gold color. His changes were most striking in his first year, which is often true of sables (a few more pics of that below, before his first haircut when the dark tips came off), but even 10 years later, he keeps us guessing!

View attachment 178850
View attachment 178852
View attachment 178851
What a cutie but the color changes are so amazing Lola was almost all black and now has so many other colors like white tannish silver …and she’s not even 2
It’s something so fun about this breed.
thanks for the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts