Havanese Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post some info on The Lonestar Havanese Club.
Here is the web address:
www.lshc.org

We got together for the Dallas Toy show, and I did a mini shoot in a hotel suite.
We have a wonderful club with members all over, even outside of Texas!
Here are a couple of images.
The first one is a group shot of Brodys babies/grandbabies.
The second of Promise who is owned by Nancy Gardner. I didnt
want to post many more without permission. I knew Nancy wouldnt care!

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a few more photos from the Specialty.
Thanks to JoAnn Redwine for sending me these.

The one of Stogie looking up at Lois might be the cutest ever, and I am a very good judge!

Attachments

·
(and Taylor Too! )
1,243 Posts
I was looking at lshc online and I was wondering if the club was still active as it seemed everything on there was quite dated? I live in the Dallas area so I was interested in joining Capote into the club!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yes, the Lonestar Club is active. I'm pretty sure there are new pics posted from Westminster since quite a few of our members attended. That's pretty recent.
Dawna

·
(and Taylor Too! )
1,243 Posts
There's so many people on here interested in showing their havs, and I think that's great. I'm wondering though if there's any shows you can enter your hav in if he's neutered. I've been torn on whether to do the procedure or not depending on if I decide to show or breed him. If I don't breed him, I think showing him (if he's a good candidate) would be a new fun hobby for me. Let me know! :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
You can't show in AKC conformation if he's neutered, but you can do other AKC events like Agility, Obedience and Rally.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
They're all gorgeous, esp. that little sweetie with the pink bow. :)

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
In Canada, Specialty Shows offer an "altered" class where dogs that have been spayed or neutered can enter. Dogs can even win a "Altered Championship". I don't know if this class is offered in US.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,362 Posts
Melissa - what goregous pictures, as usual. :)

Debbie - to the best of my knowledge there is no way to show a dog that's been fixed. The CFA (cat fancier's association) has a way to show a fixed cat. That class is called Premiere. I wish there was a way to show a fixed dog.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the lonestar club is Still active! In fact I named myself Social Coordinator. Since no one voted on this, I could be fired at any time.

We are having our specialty in Conroe in December. We will have a get together and some fun things scheduled. You shoud all come, it will be fun!

Thanks for the complments on the photos. I took those in a hotel room, haha.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
pretty photos and havs.......I like the one with the hair up in a top knot!Cute expression!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts