Havanese Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
Joined
·
27,627 Posts
Oh, no! I just read tour second post. i am SO sorry! Warm wishes and healing thoughs coming for tour poor little guy! What a LOT for tou to take in! Please let us know as SOON as tou know ANYTHING!!! ❤
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,505 Posts
Oh Melissa...I'm so very sorry to hear you and Perry are having to deal with these challenges. :cry: I will be keeping you and Perry in my thoughts.💜
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh, no! I just read tour second post. i am SO sorry! Warm wishes and healing thoughs coming for tour poor little guy! What a LOT for tou to take in! Please let us know as SOON as tou know ANYTHING!!! ❤
The waiting is going to kill me - it will be at least 4 weeks (possibly 5 if I can't change his appointment earlier) til we get the results of the biopsy!

In the meantime, despite google saying that the main symptom of this is pain, he's perfectly fine. You'd never know he has a golf ball size growth on one of his vertebrae!

It does remind you though to get things checked out even if you think it's minor. I just wanted a recheck on his back leg and the twist on his front - in part because of just a couple of times of picking up the back one and because he has looked a little stiff/ seemed to be favoring something though I couldn't tell what! Even the vet said that at this point we have no idea if the slight limping is coming from the arthritis (or the suture) in his back leg, the unevenness and arthritis of his front leg OR the tumors on his spine! (OR I guess some combination of the 3).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Sorry have just read this post properly Melissa. So sorry to here about this latest setback for Perry and the heartache it is causing you having to wait it out for results. Sending good thoughts and love to you and Perry . Xx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Send Positive Thoughts to Perry and his Fam...

Thanks - we deeply appreciate them. I'm hoping the biopsy recovery isn't too bad (no idea how traumatic it is - but they DO have to take a bone sample so I don't think it will be fun) and then wait 2 weeks for the results then schedule the surgery... I seriously need to convince the vet to let me see her face to face for all of this (I have been vaccinated so maybe she will?) Discussing all of this over the phone is not fun.

Sorry have just read this post properly Melissa. So sorry to here about this latest setback for Perry and the heartache it is causing you having to wait it out for results. Sending good thoughts and love to you and Perry . Xx
Thanks - we appreciate all the good thoughts and vibes. Too many things all going on at the same time and this was just another thing piled on. We will push through, just dreading dealing with the jumping-est dog in the world going through back surgery recovery - trying to stop him from jumping is almost impossible no matter how short I keep him tethered to me :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I’m sorry you’re going through this! I think the waiting and unknown would probably be worse than the surgery and recovery! I hope you are able to get in sooner.
Thanks - we have an appointment for Tuesday for the biopsy and the CAT scan, then 2 weeks to wait for the results (something about the bone needing to decalcify so they can shave it thin enough to run the tests).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Perry's biopsy was yesterday and it went well, though the incisions are longer than I thought (I had hoped the biopsy would be just a small cut but one is relatively big - can't even imagine how big they wil be for the actual surgery). CAT scan results will be ready this week, Biopsy results from U Penn in 7-14 days (hopefully closer to the 7 because surgery is in 14). Surgery is scheduled for the 18th - since it has to be removed no matter what, the biopsy will tell the vet how much (in terms of margins) has to go.

He's quietly hanging out in his crate. I'm still trying to figure out how to pick him up without causing pain (since I have to make sure he doesn't jump and he can't do stairs) - almost every time I do it hurts him so much. He's on two different pain meds and has a tranq if he's too active - but I don't anticipate needing that for a few days at least.

Kills me that just as he's feeling better in 2 weeks he'll have to go through this, but worse, again.
174464
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,080 Posts
So sorry poor Perry has to go through this pain. I can imagine how hard this is on you as well, especially the waiting for the biopsy results. We will keep sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. I hope Perry feels more comfortable soon so you can at least move him around without causing him pain and that he is a good boy about keeping calm during this time. Good luck!
 

·
Metrowest, MA
Joined
·
27,627 Posts
Oh my! Poor baby!!! 💗 😥
 
21 - 40 of 67 Posts
Top