Havanese Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

Metrowest, MA
So we're prepared to wait months for a quality dog, but Mary from Amor Havanese said one of her puppies whose family backed out due to covid would be a good fit for our family! This seems way too good to be true. Everywhere I've read on this forum is that I should be waiting months for a quality puppy. And I've also read to get a puppy from Mary Lopez if I get a chance. This pups sire is GCH Amor's Suit N Tie. And we can pick him up early next week...He is a super cute sable male who we will facetime in the morning. Lol.

We haven't made our decision yet, but according to everything I've been hearing from you all, I should get him right? We just need some reassurance with our decision given it's happening MUCH faster than we anticipated.
Absolutely! The same sort of thing happened when I got Kodi! Not QUITE that fast, but I thought I would have to wait at least 6 months after getting on the King's waiting list... then they had a litter of all boys, and most of the people on their waiting list wanted girls! I didn't care, as long as the puppy was a good match for me in terms of temperament, so so I got him much sooner! It has been a match made in heaven!

Our admonition about "you just have to wait", means more that you need to take whatever length of time it takes to find the RIGHT puppy... NOT that it HAS to take a specific period of time. It's just that you can't FORCE it!!! :) Enjoy your good luck! 馃挆

Registered
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Thank you all. We met him and we instantly fell in love. You can already tell that he is just the sweetest. Looks like we're bringing home a puppy on Sunday.

Would love all your tips for the first few days acclimating the puppy? I can't wait to introduce him to the forum!

Super Moderator
YIPPEE, Congratulations, you are in for the time of your life!

We have another Havaholic on the Forum! It looks like you're going to be doing a lot of shopping at Petco and Petsmart tonight and tomorrow! Goodbye budget, hello Havapuppy!

Super Moderator
Ask Mary if you can have a piece of material that has his mother's and litter mate's scent on it to put in his crate at your home to help him settle in. Also, ask if you can have his favorite toy. Ricky still has his "Teddy Cow" that he sleeps with every night since we brought him home over 7 years ago.

Premium Member
YAY!!! This is exciting! It's a boy! I would definitely find a vet if you don't already have one. It's difficult to get an appointment around here. Will you be driving to pick up the little one? Happy shopping! 馃榿

61 - 66 of 66 Posts