Havanese Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
It might be a reverse sneeze. Try searching for a YouTube video of it. If you can find one of a Havanese to watch it would be even more helpful. I wasn’t completely sure if I was seeing a reverse sneeze, even after seeing videos, until I saw one of a dog similar in size to a Havanese and it was a smaller “episode.” I think someone shared a video on the forum at one point, but I can’t remember for sure where I saw it. When it was first suggested to me that i was seeing a reverse sneeze I saw a video of a pug or bulldog and another of a large breed dog and it didn’t sound so deep and strong so I was even more confused! But now I know it’s definitely a reverse sneeze. It might help to search the forum. You can also try to video it to share or show your vet.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Here is a link to a thread where Tom and Karen shared how to stop it Reverse sneeze

i can’t remember where I finally saw a video that was more like Sundance. But, I think someone said, if you can stop it by holding or cover their nose the way they describe, it’s a reverse sneeze.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts