Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
There is more individual personality differences between any 2 Havanese than there is difference between male and female. Notice the little picture under my name. There are five Havanese in the chair with me. The two farthest away are intact males. The other three are females. All our dogs live together. Males and females get along well in any mix. For that matter, Havanese get along with other Havanese in any mix, regardless if they have just met or grew up together.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
I have to agree with Tom. I have one of each and I am glad. Goldie is such a girl, she is fiesty and independent. Stogie, my boy, is a lot more loving and laid back. All the havs have such different personalities, I think you will be happy with whatever you choose.

If you had an intact male, I would say different. Its hard for me having two "unfixed" dogs of the opposite sex. Im getting Goldie spayed in a couple of weeks.

Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have dogs of both sexes, both fixed. Lily is my princess. Very sweet and independent. Toby is my baby boy. Very affectionate and a little needy. It's a very individual thing, but both sexes are wonderful!

Peggy - Lily and Toby's Mom

·
Registered
112 Posts
male female

We have 3 females and 3 males all intact. Two of our girls are lap dogs...the other prefers to have bon bons and watch tv...we are here only to serve her..Our males are attention hogs....so really no difference between the sexes...they are all loving.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
This is one very old thread------:faint:

It looks like 2006?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have some girls. Miss Axl, a guinea pig, and two daughters. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Someone once told me that their girls loved them but their boys were IN LOVE with them. That about sums up our house.

I'm a dedicated male dog owner. I do have a female border collie, but don't expect to ever have another female (of any breed).

·
Riley & Monte's mom
5,579 Posts
Amanda Dora looks absolutely adorable in that picture.

I have a hard time myself with the “love you / in love with you” thing, I think I need a female of my own so I can make an accurate opinion.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Lots of breeders I know have said that,but like Leeann,I think you need to experience a female first and I sure haven't------but even at that,I wouldn't just trust that. I think it has alot to do with the characteristics/personalities of each dog individually......though I would lean towards what the breeders say, as lets face it,they come into contact with more males/females then pet owners would,you know?

Dora looks cute and it would be fun to put bows/dresses on-

·
Luv My Biewer
3,068 Posts
Okay, I want to know what your adorable Belle did Amanda that required her to have her own, "I miss you Daddy" photo. She looks so cute.

I agree that boys are more likely to be "in love" with you. But female Havanese are very affectionate. MeMe is such a delightful surprise - none of the female independence for her thank you very much.

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
I think if I had a havanese more affection than Dora, I wouldn't like it! Dora does not stop kissing and loving you (okay except when she wants to play tug!) But I have never owned a boy toy dog so I think maybe we should do an exchange a hav program!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now Amanda I have to search the house for a dress small enough for snowball. :pound:

I know my lab Miss Axl couldn't be sweeter and she is a big sweetheart to the boys.:kiss::hug:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts