Havanese Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like we're probably keeping another male puppy. He's out of Belle(littermate sister to Posh)by Keeper so he's linebred, but not too tight, on both the top and bottom. We already have Starborn's Heza Keeper, Black Tie Affair (Posh), and Schubert(Noah's sire) but this little guy is quite spectacular too and we're planning several generations down the road by doing the same interweaving of the two linebred lines that we have been so fortunate with and hopefully improving all the time.

This guy is a bright brindle sort of between red and gold with lots of chrome and symetrical markings and what looks like to be great conformation and fur-although he is only 3 weeks old but we've seen a lot of these and know what we are looking at with our pups.

Anyway, names seem to be getting harder the more we have to come up with. There is a horse I like a lot, a top steeplechaser and fox hunter, named Gol Lee. Pam doesn't think much of it. I kind of like it- or maybe Gah Lee. Of course he'll have some other call name but I'm thinking registered name.

Any input?????

edited to add: Razzle got a 3 point major today.

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
I don't have any suggestions for names. That's an area where I consistently struggle myself and I don't have that many dogs.

Congratulations to Razzle! She is such a beautiful bitch! She caught my eye numerous times at the National. She is amazingly striking with a coat to die for!

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, We like Razzle too but she suffers from the optical illusion that black headed parties have as well as having black on the inside of her hocks. The black on the inside of her hocks makes her appear to move too close in back and several judges have told Pam, when asked, that she is too close in the rear. We know she's not but few can see the difference. A black headed parti looks like the body is longer than it is too just by optical illusion. We are sure that she can finish but it will take longer than it normally does for Pam to finish one.

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Yes, I know what you mean. The black-headed partis can also look like they have no neck or have a disproportionately small head for their body because of the illusion the colors create. I have a 4-month old bitch with the same coloring issue. I keep watching her because she's starting to get that long look. I thought Razzle was particularly beautiful anyway. (I also didn't notice the markings on her hocks.) She has the silkiest white coat I've ever seen. I've seen many silky black coats, but she was only the second silky white coat I've ever seen.

G

·
I have a black-headed parti I am showing now. I completely understand the optical illusion. I thought she looked long and stuffy so I soaped her...her proportions are right-on and she has a very elegant neck. She's a beautiful girl, but I think that illusion is going to test my patience in the ring. I want to show up with soaped photos :D

G

·
I kind of like Gah or Gah Lee as a call name...very unique!!

Starborn Good Gah Lee
Starborn Gah Lee Me

A couple more...

Starborn Gah Lee Gee
Starborn By Gah Lee

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the suggestions. It's hard to say what color this brindle will end up being as they all change so much. Keeper was a really dark brown brindle and his adult coat is a medium dark charcoal along his spine which gradually and evenly fades through shades of silver down to the white on his lower legs.

This guy is different than any brindle we've ever had so it's hard to say but he will probably be a LOT lighter than Keeper.

Hanna is home for Thanksgiving weekend and her opinion is that this is the prettiest puppy we've ever had. He has a great outgoing personality too at 5 weeks old today. We're just going to run him on for a while but it sure looks promising so far. The interesting thing for the future is that his offspring out of some of the females we already have will be compatible to be bred to Posh in the future and vice versa. Frolic just came into heat yesterday so her breeding will be Posh's first litter and we have looked forward to that for a long time.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Tom do you have a pic of Keeper?

Stogie was fairly dark and now he is every color you can imagine.
He has a lot of silver coming in, and the way its coming down, its very pretty. He looks like he has a lion beard. Then he has caramel, black white, lots of cream and a pretty gray. Sometimes he looks light and sometimes dark. Its amazing. But his coat is so soft.

He is just a little over a year. Im not sure when they are in their adult coat totally, but its interesting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts