Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Bessie & Max's Parents
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just heard from our vet that Max has a malignant thyroid tumor. Rick was petting Max on weds night and felt a small lump around Max's throat, so yesterday I took him to the vet to get checked out. They ran some tests, took a biopsy and took X-rays . The vet just called and suggested we get a surgical consult as soon as possible. He says the tumor is small and mobile which is a good sign because there is a better chance to remove it surgically. We are crossing our fingers that all goes well. We can't even make an appointment until Monday, hopefully we can see the surgeon Monday or Tuesday.

Paula

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I know this must be very scary for you. I will be thinking of you and hope things go smoothly and the Vet will be able to remove the tumor and Max will heal uneventfully. Hugs

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Oh Paula, how scary for you and Rick. I will keep max in my thoughts. It is fortunate that Rick felt it. Please keep us posted.

·
Casper and Missy
2,194 Posts
Paula and Rick,
That must be so scary for you guys. Iam glad you found it early. It is small so hopefully they can remove it and all will be will.
Sending you guys a big HUG and praying all will by well soon. Please keep us updated on Max.:hug:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Paula, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how hard this is foryou having gone through torture about Shelby's eyes. Kodi also has a lump on his chest, but thankfully it is just a fatty thing. Our vet told me the same as your vet about the lump, so hopefully you will get very good news from the surgeon. You will be in my thoughts for a good outcome.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
I will keep you and Max in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. :grouphug:

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Paula, I'm so sorry to hear this but am hopeful, as you are, that it's small enough and caught early enough to remove. I'm praying for a good outcome and will check back often Monday or Tuesday to hear what happens. Sending healing your way.

3,646 Posts
I will also keep Max and you in my thoughts and hope for a good outcome for him. Having this happen on a Friday and not being able to make an appointment until Monday has got to be hard - when you just want to get moving on it.

·
My Dogs Mom
3,476 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this news. Good thing is you caught it early. Prayers coming your way and please keep us posted.

·
Sooo Smart
3,551 Posts
Wishing you the best news ever!! All of you will be in my thoughts. I'm glad you found it early....and this is a notice for me to check Cicero all over. I hold and rub him all the time, but I don't just check and make sure I don't feel knots, etc. I will be checking back.

·
Gigi
2,468 Posts
Hope that you have a good visit at the vets and you get some positive information, so that every thing can be sorted out ASP.Know it is different, but my DH had a tumour on his thyroid about 10 years ago,[very worrying at the time]anyway after a 4 hour opp everything was sorted out.

·
Evelyn
4,652 Posts
Oh gosh..I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I can only imagine how worried and upset you are! I will think positive thoughts for a complete recovery for your baby!!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
My prayers are with you, Rick & Max. I know this is frightening but hopefully it will be a mistake and if not a simple procedure will take care of it.

·
LINDA
6,496 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Max. I know you must be worried sick. Hope it helps you to know you have friends here to lean on. We will keep him in our prayers.

·
Julie
1,441 Posts
I'm sorry Paula. Praying and wishing the best for Max.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,347 Posts
Paula,

I am so sorry for the diagnosis. I hope you can get Max seen by doctor on Monday and that the surgery can be scheduled asapl. Sending positive thoughts and cyber hugs your way.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts