Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@Mando's Mommy
LOVE the picture of Mando with the top knot!!! It made me laugh because I tried one on Sunny a few months ago but she wasn't having it. It lasted all but 5 minutes! Like brother like sister. 🥰 View attachment 176694
I call it a man bun. My daughter calls it a “Mando bun.”😂 He got it off the first time but I got it to stay on the second time by distracting him with a treat. He seemed to forget about it until later in the evening.

Here’s a picture of Mando with his birthday cupcake and the devouring process. He ate it exactly the same way my daughter does - he licked all the sprinkles off first then ate all the frosting off then left the cake part.

Food Dog Ingredient Carnivore Cake decorating
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Wood Companion dog

·
Metrowest, MA
29,823 Posts
Awww, Happy Birthday , Mando and Sunny! ❤

·
Super Moderator
3,785 Posts
Feliz cumpleanos primeros Mando y Sunny.

su amigo siempre Ricky Ricardo

You know, it is amazing how quickly a puppy's first birthday comes around. It seems like just yesterday you were dealing with almost insurmountable potty training, and discipline problems, and in to everything. And then BOOM they are one year old and those puppy days are drawing rapidly to a close. How time flies, but the best days are still ahead and everything continues to just get better!

Happy Birthday Mando and Sunny, you are both a credit to the beautiful Havanese breed!

Ricky's Popi

·
Super Moderator
3,785 Posts
Are all Havanese puppers just naturally photogenic?
In my opinion, the Havanese breed is the most beautiful of the dog breeds. They come in just about every dog color you will ever see. They are photogenic but a lot of that comes from the individual skill of their photographer/owner. We have some very talented photographers on this Forum!

Havanese are just natural "people magnets." Take them anywhere in public and they draw a crowd. They tend to love the attention, the petting, and the "oohs and ahs." They are social extroverts! I took Ricky with me to Home Depot in a shopping cart when he was about one year old. Inside, a biker guy, covered in tattoos, chains, and full beard, approached me and asked if he could hold Ricky. I reluctantly said "yes, BUT YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL!" (brave me). He was very gentle and Ricky was fascinated by him. Ricky loved smelling his beard - there must have been some good leftovers in there! Biker guy was smitten! He said, "Sir, would you like to sell him to me?" I said no he wasn't for sale at any price and I meant it. He said he just had to have "one of those kind of dogs." He gently put Ricky back in my cart and went on his way and we continued shopping...with a big sigh of relief. And then we were approached by a family with three small children wanting to know what aisle they were selling those dogs on 😄 ...it never ends!

You now own a photogenic, lovable Havanese. You're now going to have to learn how to deal with it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts